• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

My demo and obersvations of a few 4K OLED and Full Array LED TVs

SPONSORED ADS

Shashib

Guys, I just bought 55 X 9000f for 1.25 l. The shopkeeper asked me to use a stabilizer for the TV. My question is, is stabilizer necessary. I was thinking that stabilizer is inbuilt into the TV .

BLASTO

Guys, I just bought 55 X 9000f for 1.25 l. The shopkeeper asked me to use a stabilizer for the TV. My question is, is stabilizer necessary. I was thinking that stabilizer is inbuilt into the TV .
Dont listen to the shopkeeper, he is just a dealer.
Check with the sony representative who comes for installation.

For AF8, the installation guy actually recommended against using stabiliser though I had one lying around.

forever.pramod

I talked to Sony India care regarding this. They told that in case of sudden high voltage, the power supply section of TV will be burnt, In some other models, the adapter supplied is an external one like a laptop may damage less to TV. But why take risk, in my view. So, planning for a stabiliser for my 55X9000F.

I talked to Sony India care regarding this. They told that in case of sudden high voltage, the power supply section of TV will be burnt, In some other models, the adapter supplied is an external one like a laptop may damage less to TV. But why take risk, in my view. So, planning for a stabiliser for my 55X9000F.
Isn't it the surge protector will do the same ? Correct me if i'm wrong.

gappa

Does anybody know "upgrade to HDMI 2.1" is not available in LG oled.which will be launching in CES 2019.

Last edited:
[sorry for being offtopic to op]
I've been using the luminous inverter powered by exide battery for my home. And also changed the inverter output to pure sine wave.
Its been working perfectly for the past 3 years. No complaint. Do i still need stabilizer for the sony x9000f tv. ?
I've also planned to setup a ht in near future.

Hello members,

A query - I have bought Sony x9000f. Installation guy was pushing for extended warranty of 2 years (Rs 25000). Should I buy this extended warranty or give it a pass. Existing warranty is 1 year (complete) + 1 year (only panel).

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello members,

A query - I have bought Sony x9000f. Installation guy was pushing for extended warranty of 2 years (Rs 25000). Should I buy this extended warranty or give it a pass. Existing warranty is 1 year (complete) + 1 year (only panel).

Thanks in advance!!!
the tcon board, main board, led driver board, power board and other things wont have warranty post a year.
if any one of these fail it can cost a considerable amount. and for the panel i think you will still need to pay for labour charges post the one year if it fails. for me i did not take extended warranty on my samsung tv after 2 years the one connect and main board had an issue was quoted 25k for the repairs with 3 months warranty on the parts but fortunately they werent in stock and was issued a refund

SPONSORED ADS