My demo and obersvations of a few 4K OLED and Full Array LED TVs

Guys, I just bought 55 X 9000f for 1.25 l. The shopkeeper asked me to use a stabilizer for the TV. My question is, is stabilizer necessary. I was thinking that stabilizer is inbuilt into the TV .

Guys, I just bought 55 X 9000f for 1.25 l. The shopkeeper asked me to use a stabilizer for the TV. My question is, is stabilizer necessary. I was thinking that stabilizer is inbuilt into the TV .

Dont listen to the shopkeeper, he is just a dealer.
Check with the sony representative who comes for installation.

For AF8, the installation guy actually recommended against using stabiliser though I had one lying around.

I talked to Sony India care regarding this. They told that in case of sudden high voltage, the power supply section of TV will be burnt, In some other models, the adapter supplied is an external one like a laptop may damage less to TV. But why take risk, in my view. So, planning for a stabiliser for my 55X9000F.

I talked to Sony India care regarding this. They told that in case of sudden high voltage, the power supply section of TV will be burnt, In some other models, the adapter supplied is an external one like a laptop may damage less to TV. But why take risk, in my view. So, planning for a stabiliser for my 55X9000F.
Isn't it the surge protector will do the same ? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Does anybody know "upgrade to HDMI 2.1" is not available in LG oled.which will be launching in CES 2019.

Last edited:
I am using Vguard Digi 200 for my Sony 55x9000e as suggested by Sony team. It is working perfectly fine and I have connected my AVR also.

[sorry for being offtopic to op]
I've been using the luminous inverter powered by exide battery for my home. And also changed the inverter output to pure sine wave.
Its been working perfectly for the past 3 years. No complaint. Do i still need stabilizer for the sony x9000f tv. ?
I've also planned to setup a ht in near future.

Hello members,

A query - I have bought Sony x9000f. Installation guy was pushing for extended warranty of 2 years (Rs 25000). Should I buy this extended warranty or give it a pass. Existing warranty is 1 year (complete) + 1 year (only panel).

Thanks in advance!!!

I was in same boat, but didn't opt for extended warranty as the panel already covered for second year warranty. And Sony warranty cost is also too much high. Rest, other members can suggest better.

Hello members,

A query - I have bought Sony x9000f. Installation guy was pushing for extended warranty of 2 years (Rs 25000). Should I buy this extended warranty or give it a pass. Existing warranty is 1 year (complete) + 1 year (only panel).

Thanks in advance!!!
the tcon board, main board, led driver board, power board and other things wont have warranty post a year.
if any one of these fail it can cost a considerable amount. and for the panel i think you will still need to pay for labour charges post the one year if it fails. for me i did not take extended warranty on my samsung tv after 2 years the one connect and main board had an issue was quoted 25k for the repairs with 3 months warranty on the parts but fortunately they werent in stock and was issued a refund

What's so special about x9300e?
Its picture quality close to Sony's 2016 flagship model Z9d. Reviewers called that tv as mini z9d. And its picture quality almost close to the oled. Even though thats an edge lit, its performed like a FALD TV.
Above all its my personal preference after long research on the market for a good tv.
However, I couldn't find one. So went for the x9000f instead. Absolutely happy with my purchase. That almost close to X9300e and importantly costs less :)

Better go for the x9300e. Its way better than x9000f.
One of our fm mentioned(under salea by owner section) that he bought around 1.32l. Better negotiate and i hope they'll reduce the price some extent. Its all based on ur negotiation skills :)
Here is the link
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/sony-55-inch-4k-tv-bought-july-2018.71996/

Make sure its the brand new sealed piece.
All the best :)

I am getting x9300e for 1.3L and x9000f for 1.25L. X9300e is a showroom demo piece . I am confused with x9000f pricing . I don't need the TV instantly. Should I wait for x9000f price to drop further or is it the lowest. One showroom sales guy told me x9000f was selling for 90k during diwali

Do these high brightness TV's have the same performance if you need to show some pics to a client?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back