My demo and obersvations of a few 4K OLED and Full Array LED TVs

For people who were asking about NETFLIX subscription with x90f, it was never mentioned anywhere about this and as i already had the subscription i didn't care. But when i got the TV, unboxed it, there was a coupon inside, opened it, and voila NETFLIX subscription code for 6 months!! I quickly applied the code to my existing Netflix subscription and boom Rs4800 was instantly added to my Netflix account to use it. Well an unexpected surprise for me, kind of Rs4800 more discount i got =]

For people who were asking about NETFLIX subscription with x90f, it was never mentioned anywhere about this and as i already had the subscription i didn't care. But when i got the TV, unboxed it, there was a coupon inside, opened it, and voila NETFLIX subscription code for 6 months!! I quickly applied the code to my existing Netflix subscription and boom Rs4800 was instantly added to my Netflix account to use it. Well an unexpected surprise for me, kind of Rs4800 more discount i got =]

Did you get it installed by the Sony guys or you did it yourself?

Whats the firmware version? Just that, one can get Dolby vision with the newest Firmware here.

Did you get it installed by the Sony guys or you did it yourself?

Whats the firmware version? Just that, one can get Dolby vision with the newest Firmware here.

I installed it myself, and as soon as i turned my TV on for the first time, it asked me for the update as i was connected to wifi already. I am sure that was the Vision update as i tested Netflix and PrimeVideo and it detected vision flawlessly.

I installed it myself, and as soon as i turned my TV on for the first time, it asked me for the update as i was connected to wifi already. I am sure that was the Vision update as i tested Netflix and PrimeVideo and it detected vision flawlessly.

Yes, perfect.

Edit:
PM for details.

I guess price will go down in other cities in week or so.

Last edited:
anyone from mumbai who's got a good quote from anywhere?

are prices different in different cities? i thought post-gst there wouldnt be much variance.

I have been quoted Rs 2,08,000 for 65' LG C8 and Rs 1,32,000 for 55' C8 and Rs 2,04,000 for 65' X9500F.
Iam considering a second 65 OLED and the 65C8 price looks encouraging, where have you got these offers from? Any additional freebies/cash backs?

C8 is better if price is similar.

I rather want to grab the 65X9300E thats on flipkart but sadly not available in my area. Its still better than X9000F.

C8 is better if price is similar.

I rather want to grab the 65X9300E thats on flipkart but sadly not available in my area. Its still better than X9000F.
Try watching a movie with black bars on the 9300E and you will see the spill over of the white light....I don't blame you, for prefering the 9300E as generally one demos these screens in brightly lit showrooms, where its very hard to tell the White light bleed....

I haven't demoed so i may be wrong. I am simply going by hdtvtest review:

Also it gets a lot brighter than the x9000f and probably the reason for the spill as you said. For my requirements my room is bright.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x900f-vs-sony-x930e/585/419#comparison_1662

Exactly, Vincent is great, he talks about the bleeding issue....just my viewing is generally in my bedroom at night. For a bright room this is not a concern.
I found that the blacks in the letterbox format are not black and have bleeding it distracts form the main picture.

In bangalore 55x90f easily available for 1.25 with almost no negotiation (+ 6k CC cashback + sony bluetooth speaker + 6 month netflix worth 5k).
But i must admit the C8 right next to it looked more appealing with its briliant viewing angles and sharper images/vivid colours (something to do with OLED i dont know).
The wider viewing angle of C8 will be very useful for full family viewing where members sit all over the place in the living room no?

Any possibility of negotiating 55x9000f to 1.1L in physical stores, since paytm has this price and 55C8 seems to be availble for just 1.3L in some places?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back