ebay Friendship offer problem??

shredder

Is anybody else having a problem with applying the ebay friendship promotion code? I am trying to buy something worth more than 10,000 but when I try to enter any of the eligible codes, I get this message:
Sorry, the gift voucher / promotion code ********** cannot be used for the item(s) you are purchasing. Please try another voucher / promotion code or continue with your payment.
I have checked and double checked. The code falls within the price of the item I am trying to purchase.
I tried calling the helpline but was unable to get through. I waited an hour (I kid you not!!!) during which time I nearly became sick listening to their THE SIMS inspired music, while the automated voice kept thanking me for my patience and saying that a representative would be with me shortly. After one hour of waiting, I got fed up and hung up and called again by which time the same voice informed me that their office had closed. Since today is the last day of the promotion, it appears that I will not be able to avail of the free gift after all. So is anyone else facing this problem? The long wait time suggests that maybe other people were calling with similar problems and hence the wait time.
Regards.

Usually the promotion codes are applicable to only a selected category of products. Also promotion codes are not applicable on deals of the week products.

I had initially considered this possibility but it clearly states:
Shop for anything & pick any of the following gift coupons on checkout

yes..... and now no :-(
The gift voucher could not be applied for some reason. Yesterday (31st July '12) was the last day of the offer.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back