ebay Global- anyone ordered?

Hi spiro,

I think the final price does not include the customs duty. If it does then it is a smashing price.

cheers,
sri

Hi,

I was just searching on ebay Global & found good prices of BDp.
Really not sure if calculated prices are final.

eg.Sony BDP-S350 Bluray+DVD Player 1080P for Rs.7458,
calculated price- Rs.13351

Global Easy Buy

If this is the final price,then its good deal with warrenty.

Pls.post your views,
Thanks....

Sony honours global warentee?? Just check....esp grt the latest cenario. In 2002 it used to honour Jumbo warentee ( By Jumbo -Uae) and we were told it is special ararngement.

I think the final price does not include the customs duty. If it does then it is a smashing price.

It is the final price (except any Octroi taxes imposed by local muncipality/contonment etc.).

Typically, Global ebay charges US$ price + ~40% on the US price + US local shipping (if any), which IMHO is a good deal as it includes shipping and customs duties. The catch is that it may not be worth ordering anything of smaller value, say items below US$ 100.

I tried it, and it works as they have stated. the price charged is inclusive of shipping and customs duty.

Of course, I tried it only with a small item. I ordered a "digital optical to co-axial converter".

Delivery took less than 2 weeks.

I must say the Denon receiver prices look amazing.

What we need to think about before buying :
- most probably these are 110volt units
- ProFX will not honour warranty, or provide any servicing or repairs

Any thoughts from anyone ?

Hi,

This is what given in the Denon 1610 auction page.

International Buyers - Please Note:
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

cheers
sri

I must say the Denon receiver prices look amazing.

What we need to think about before buying :
- most probably these are 110volt units
- ProFX will not honour warranty, or provide any servicing or repairs

Any thoughts from anyone ?

Correct, this is how local dealers will protect their business. In the best case, the dealer will overcharge for servicing - the amount he would have obtained as profit if you had purchased from him.

Regards

But, now all units will require servicing, only in some cases, if some problem turns up you need to service the product

Shipping description says it includes customs :

Note:
-International reseller receives the order for the item displayed on this page of eBay India - Online Shopping Mall: Free Auctions, Shop/Buy/Sell Mobiles, Cameras, Apparel, Computers, Bollywood Clothes & Indian Products and buys it from the international eBay site within 24 hours of receiving cleared payment.
-Intl. S&H is inclusive of India customs duties and service tax as applicable, but excludes octroi or any other applicable municipal entry taxes.

*International reseller is not responsible for service transit time. Transit times are provided by the carrier, excluding weekends and holidays, and may vary with package destination, particularly during peak periods. Shipping insurance
Shipping insurance is included in Intl. S&H

it says :
PaisaPay : Full Coverage on Total Cost
Assured purchases or your money back

Basically it seems ebay.in is the front end with all the features;
and the order is sent to int resellers in back-end.
So like north20, who is going to be responsible for delays?

Hi,

Can you please let me know if this is a Region free Universal player, very tempting to place an order.

Thanks
Ramesh S

Hi,

I was just searching on ebay Global & found good prices of BDp.
Really not sure if calculated prices are final.

eg.Sony BDP-S350 Bluray+DVD Player 1080P for Rs.7458,
calculated price- Rs.13351

Global Easy Buy

If this is the final price,then its good deal with warrenty.

Pls.post your views,
Thanks....

it says :
PaisaPay : Full Coverage on Total Cost
Assured purchases or your money back

Basically it seems ebay.in is the front end with all the features;
and the order is sent to int resellers in back-end.
So like north20, who is going to be responsible for delays?

That's what it is. Ebay.in is the front-end, and will calculate international s&h + india customs duty upfront, and charge you for it. They take care of buying it from the US seller, and then shipping it to you.

My 1 buying experience has been very positive. Shipment actually arrived far earlier than they had indicated. They even send the courier ticket number to enable you to track the shipment.

Hi,

Can you please let me know if this is a Region free Universal player, very tempting to place an order.

Thanks
Ramesh S

It is not,other than chinese product,all comes reg locked,few can be modded to Regfree,needs googling...

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum, but have been an ebayer since 2006. Pls dont order AVRs from ebay. Most of the times you would end up receiving factory-restored or refurbished ones and, becareful, there is no returning when you buy an item through global easy buy and you cannot contact the reseller at any stage of your purchase.

All the best!

imgBuyerPro1_930x194.gif

I am new to this forum, but have been an ebayer since 2006. Pls dont order AVRs from ebay. Most of the times you would end up receiving factory-restored or refurbished ones and, becareful, there is no returning when you buy an item through global easy buy and you cannot contact the reseller at any stage of your purchase. All the best!

Can you eloborate this please? AFAIK, the items are clearly described as refurbished or NIB (new in box) on ebay and if you buy from reputed sellers, I don't think there will be an issue and you should get what you paid for.

Just remember, if the price is too good and the seller has dodgy reputation, it might be too good to be true :lol:.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back