Edifier DA 5000 Pro or Sony DAV DZ350?

mdminhaj88

Dear all, planning to buy an used 5.1 for my large room. Stuck between dz350 and da 5000 Pro.
Please suggest which one should i go with. Only people with good audio knowledge suggest please.

Also i would appreciate if someone explains how one is better than the other in terms of specifications.

Dear all, planning to buy an used 5.1 for my large room. Stuck between dz350 and da 5000 Pro.
Please suggest which one should i go with. Only people with good audio knowledge suggest please.

Also i would appreciate if someone explains how one is better than the other in terms of specifications.
Had the Edifier 5000Pro around 5 years ago.Its a decent system (weight is on the heavier side) with 20W output (as far as I recall) and a basic entry level 5.1 system.Its best for a small to mid size room.The wooden boxes of the 4 surrounds & 1 centre are built well and should last longer than plastic builds.The subwoofer is not that great ,yet coupled with the speakers it sounds good( way better than any soundbar), came with 2 remotes ,av cables in the box to connect a TV .The Da5000 pro was around 11k when it was available ( all have paper cones).Don't expect anything phenomenal as these get the job done.You may get a used set for around 4-5k.( check the condition before buying as the paper cones may be torn after being used for years)
No clue about the dz350 ...i guess that it comes with a dvd player too. Audition both and pick what you like & sounds good.
PS : have no clue as to what you meant by saying - Only people with good audio knowledge suggest. Why does anybody need good audio knowledge to pick the cheapest option available in a 5.1, a good pair of ears should suffice

Last edited:

I'm really not sure if you still get this Edifier da 5000pro in the market, it's a very good system, amazing sound quality i was connected this to my PC i had 5.1 RCA out on the Motherboard, not sure which system you will connect too , it sounded great for both Movies & Music, worth the price i paid back in 2011 but again it is good only if your room size is with in 10 x10ft, if it's more, then look for something better.

Hahaha 😅 i meant that people just comment or advice based on what they know irrespective of whether the information is true or not...but thanks for the information 👍

Hahaha 😅 i meant that people just comment or advice based on what they know irrespective of whether the information is true or not...but thanks for the information 👍
I seriously don't understand what you are up to, all we can do is just share our personal experience, if you just want to time pass you should be away from any forum for help! rather you take a demo and decide what you want to buy! please stay away .

I seriously don't understand what you are up to, all we can do is just share our personal experience, if you just want to time pass you should be away from any forum for help! rather you take a demo and decide what you want to buy! please stay away .

that reply was not for you brother, but for the previous replier.
Anyways thanks for the information.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back