Effective brand/model for room heater

audiodelic

Budget: 6k max ..... Want the room to be warm rather than just a focus spot, i believe oil type is best for that whereas ceramic/convection with fan and halogen are the other recommended ones.

Does anyone have any insight or experience,and particularly which brand ? there is bajaj, morphy richards, euronics and gryphon.

Incidentally I was also looking to buy a room heater. I say "was" because I just ordered a bajaj rx11 (convection type). Its true that I learnt from the net that oil type is the best. letsbuy.com has lots of models to choose from.

I will let you know how this bajaj works after I receive and use it for couple of days.

where did you order rx-11,price ? Surprising you even need a heater in Hyderabad climate

I was planning on ordering two: one bajaj rx-11 convection type for fast heating when we walk in to the house from the cold etc. and an oil type for keeping the room heated at long intervals like throughout the night in the bed room and through out the day in the living room.

when room heaters are running, I have some trouble breathing. Not trouble as such, but slight uneasiness and it bothers me. I think oil type doesn't burn oxygen and may be the best.
More opinions needed from the experts.

Yes, oil-based heaters do not eat up oxygen and neither kills the base level desired humidity. You can breathe easy, as well as not feel dried out.

The other 'more efficient' (by about 50%) is by using a heat pump ie. an AC with cooling and heating function. When you put such an AC on heating function, the refrigerant cycle reverses by means of a provided three-way valve in the circuit. The power consumption of the AC based heating is literally half of the 'other' based heating due to high COP.

If you use the halogen heater whole night, isn't the (bright)light irritating/nuisance while you sleep with all lights off?

I never felt so as it produce light of 5 volt bulb, may be my habits.. I felt like sleeping near fire. I have used it when I was in Chandigarh, in Bangalore never felt the requirement of room heater.

Advantages are it is light weigh and wont occupy much space like conventional heaters.

I am using an oil heater with 9 sections (fins) from Bajaj. Very comfortable ! This is the 4th winter season when I am using it and there have been no problems so far.

I never felt so as it produce light of 5 volt bulb, may be my habits.. I felt like sleeping near fire. I have used it when I was in Chandigarh, in Bangalore never felt the requirement of room heater.

Advantages are it is light weigh and wont occupy much space like conventional heaters.
Tell me one more thing. Does the front mesh(I guess its a iron mesh) get heated up too? If so then almost whole of the front part would be unsafe to handle, especially if there are children around.
I am planning to get one so these questions :)

Incidentally I was also looking to buy a room heater. I say "was" because I just ordered a bajaj rx11 (convection type). Its true that I learnt from the net that oil type is the best. letsbuy.com has lots of models to choose from.

I will let you know how this bajaj works after I receive and use it for couple of days.

room heater in hyd ?? in past 4 years of my stay in HYD.. this year is the hottest winter..

when room heaters are running, I have some trouble breathing. Not trouble as such, but slight uneasiness and it bothers me. I think oil type doesn't burn oxygen and may be the best.
More opinions needed from the experts.

Hi Anm,

You have raised an important issue that is particularly relevant when sleeping in a small room at night with the doors and windows closed. Sometimes one wakes up with a feeling of suffocation. Are there any studies on the reduction in oxygen levels due to use of various types of heaters?

Regards.

Guys.....this is HIFIVISION. You should only post if you are looking for a room heater with some integrated home theatre components like speakers or CD player or Amp or ......Ha ha ha...

Guys.....this is HIFIVISION. You should only post if you are looking for a room heater with some integrated home theatre components like speakers or CD player or Amp or ......Ha ha ha...

Hi Aventhu,

There have been lot of discussions in this forum on the room heating effects of amplifiers. Members have discussed various models particularly high powered and valve powered ones as room heating units which should not be used in hot weather.

It would be interesting to study "The Amplifier as a Room Heater". Perhaps some forward lookig manufacturers will come up with dual purpose amps. The possibilities are endless.

Regards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back