Emerson Liebert GXT MT+ on line UPS

The batteries are very costly, 11800+taxes.

Considering the average life span of 3 years for batteries this can be an expensive affair for maintenance @ 24k/ year.

But maybe you can get them locally. Which battery is this? Do you know the specs?

Liebert GXT MT+ CX 3 kVA uses 12V/ 9AH battery...x 6 nos.

Locally the battery is available for Rs. 1300/ battery. So total Rs. 7800 only for 6 batteries (Make: Vision CP1290)

The OEM is Yuasa battery and most probably much more expensive if purchased through Emerson.

Considering the average life span of 3 years for batteries this can be an expensive affair for maintenance @ 24k/ year.

But maybe you can get them locally. Which battery is this? Do you know the specs?

Locally the battery is available for Rs. 1300/ battery. So total Rs. 7800 only for 6 batteries (Make: Vision CP1290)

The OEM is Yuasa battery and most probably much more expensive if purchased through Emerson.

I have asked for the battery model.
Its APC only, the dealer said.

Do you mean, we can get OnlineUPS of APC and simply connect local made batteries to it ?

I guess, OnlineUPS needs different kind of battery, thats why costly.

You sure ?

Okay the dealer replied :
Quanta Amer Raja 150 AH

Okay the dealer replied :
Quanta Amer Raja 150 AH

Oh.. wow ..that's some serious backup power!! You have lot of power cuts, is it? So how does the battery charge? Is the online UPS able to charge them or you need some external charger?

Oh.. wow ..that's some serious backup power!! You have lot of power cuts, is it? So how does the battery charge? Is the online UPS able to charge them or you need some external charger?

Im a ISP in my city!
So, we need backup for all of our 24x7 running servers.
Even if there is no power cut, we need to stay ready for the worst time.

I guess this new backup system will hold me easily for 6-7 hours.

Emerson Online UPS are the worst. I had 2 faulty batteries because of which I got only 5 minute back-up on 1KVA UPS with 7 % load.

Lastly Emerson's after service is the worst. Even the initial installation was hassle as for initial installation no one came even after generating call no. through emerson toll free.

2nd thing even batteries are covered under 24 months warranty Emerson asked to buy battery instead of providing free replacements.

Take my advice and go shopping somewhere else or else you have nightmares with Emerson.

Any day APC Online UPS is best. Good replacement service within 2 years and you can buy AMC as extended service from 3rd year on. Piece of mind after installing my APC 3 KVA online UPS.

Any day APC Online UPS is best. Good replacement service within 2 years and you can buy AMC as extended service from 3rd year on. Piece of mind after installing my APC 3 KVA online UPS.

Hi srikar2011, Is this only for the Audio /Video system or for the whole House ?
Would you have any info on the increase in electricity bills after you put the online UPS ?

Hi srikar2011, Is this only for the Audio /Video system or for the whole House ?
Would you have any info on the increase in electricity bills after you put the online UPS ?

This is only for Audio/Video equipment and not for entire house. Regarding electricity bills, I can provide you an update in a day/two as I have not completed one month after installation of the UPS.

Updating this thread after a long time - My suggestion to all. Please do not buy Liebert UPS. Bad quality products and worst service.

I was initially happy with the UPS. I bought it in 2013 May and in December 2013 it stopped working. Contacted the service center, and they replaced it with a new one after three months, that too after lots of calls. They replaced it at my home personally.

This new UPS again conked off in November 2014 while it was working. Luckily none of the connected devices were harmed. Contacted the service center, they asked me to ship it. No home pickup this time. I sent it to them in December 2014. No updates there after. Lots of phone calls, they said board failure and they need to get new board. This went on for months and in May 2015 after six months, they said the UPS is now functional and demanded 9K for the board+service fee. As I don't want to spent any more money on this, I didn't collect it. They never contacted me again and it is with the service center since one and half years.

Updating this thread after a long time - My suggestion to all. Please do not buy Liebert UPS. Bad quality products and worst service.

I was initially happy with the UPS. I bought it in 2013 May and in December 2013 it stopped working. Contacted the service center, and they replaced it with a new one after three months, that too after lots of calls. They replaced it at my home personally.

This new UPS again conked off in November 2014 while it was working. Luckily none of the connected devices were harmed. Contacted the service center, they asked me to ship it. No home pickup this time. I sent it to them in December 2014. No updates there after. Lots of phone calls, they said board failure and they need to get new board. This went on for months and in May 2015 after six months, they said the UPS is now functional and demanded 9K for the board+service fee. As I don't want to spent any more money on this, I didn't collect it. They never contacted me again and it is with the service center since one and half years.

I have also faced the bad customer service experience from Emerson.Hopefully we can spread the truth so that it will deter prospective buyers from putting their money on a very bad quality ups along with bad after-sales service.

I am thankful to baijuxavior. Initially I voted for Emerson, later I had a chance to speak with baijuxavior which helped me to change my decision to APC.

I have been using EATON 3KV for more than 2 years now. I am quite satisfied with the product and service provided by my dealer, I bought it directly from a dealer.

For all the time, it failed only once, they replaced the board immediately in a day. Don't know the cause of the failure.

baijuxavior I would request you to write your honest reviews on websites such as google like google maps & yellow pages like sulekha, justdial etc. This will stop prospective buyers from wasting their hard earned money on Emerson as well as your local emerson service centre.

From all I have spoken to , the folllowing are the most recommended - APC+ Luminous - both owned by Schneider , Microtek and Sukam. They are all very good technically. APC/Luminous is perhaps the most future proof due to their global might/presence via Schnieder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back