Emotiva Airmotiv C1 center channel Initial impressions

Hi i recently joined the forum. I had been using Elac cc 51.2 as the centre and looking to upgrade to emotiva. I live in annanagar. Would it be possible to audition - somu

Yes, you can drop in my place to check the speaker.

Excellent stuff mate! Congratulations and a nice writeup too! All the best! :)

Hi i recently joined the forum. I had been using Elac cc 51.2 as the centre and looking to upgrade to emotiva. I live in annanagar. Would it be possible to audition - somu

I am also using the Emotiva Airmotiv C1 and its a excellent center speaker.

can anyone compare emotiva C1 vs C2?

I am confused on which one to choose for my HT.
My setup will be in a 9ft * 22 ft room. Listening distance is approx 10ft away from Center speaker.
It is to be paired with emotiva B1 front channel.

If i were in your position, I would just get the biggest fattest Centre channel I could afford. The front soundstage is really the key.

If i were in your position, I would just get the biggest fattest Centre channel I could afford. The front soundstage is really the key.
but will that me an overkill for the small/medium room?
will they overpower the Left and Right speakers?
-- I cannot have tower speaker due to room limitation.

It wont be an overkill Rejin for home theater usage.. Go for big ;). You can check with our @kaptan as well :p

It wont be a overkill, but still C1 will do the job for your room. There are chances C2 might dominate the front sound stage if using with B1s. So C1 will be a clever choice IMO.

can anyone compare emotiva C1 vs C2?

I am confused on which one to choose for my HT.
My setup will be in a 9ft * 22 ft room. Listening distance is approx 10ft away from Center speaker.
It is to be paired with emotiva B1 front channel.

What are the prices you are able to get for the C1 & C2?

Thank you Saketb. During the past 2 years , I demoed the CSI A6 twice during my hunt. I forgot to mention some of the speaker that had demoed during those 2 years for my center.

Monitor Audio Bronze center (Brighter for my taste & Pricier)
Sonodyne Sonus 2501 ( Does not have the wow factor that I was expecting)
Heco Victa ( Can be compared with CSI A4 both are similar in my point of view)

CSI A6 was a stand out from the crowd. There is a big difference between its younger brother CSI A4. But what to do the speaker which I haven't had the demo at all got its place in my HT:lol:.
Can you please compare your Emotiva c1 VS polk csi a6, i am looking for a center upgrade hence asking.

I have both c1+ and c2+ and they are very good for dialogue clarity. It was better then my earlier center speakers (Pioneer/Dali/Elac). Sorry don't have direct comparison experience with Polk's.

Unless your room is bigger, c1+ will be more then sufficient for HT.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back