Emotiva XPA-3 vs Anthem MCA 225( similarly priced in India but $ 900 difference in USA)

PA would 100% make difference in your setup, the difference could be small or large all depends upon potential of other elements in your system, your usage, source and expectations. I could feel the difference with my modest Klipsch speakers and OTT streaming content. Emotive XPA is solid and enough powerful. If you have a larger Room (more than 400 sq feet) and you listen at high SPL, you may require more powerful PA again to match how much your speakers can take practically.

The Emotivas have been used by many here and elsewhere, and they do deliver what they promise from my reading.
I have a specific personal grouse against Emotiva in India - they are a low-cost internet direct brand in the US, and the arrival price in India via dealer is just not worth it. If you can source one via a visitor, nothing like it, that is if you are set on adding a PA to your system.

Having said that, short, straight answer to your question will be to DM FM @ankitbhargava. He runs an SR6xxx powered by Emotivas. And he is one very happy cat.
Yes definitely happy :)

@Deblin I heard Anthem has increased prices for their av products, so i guess the MCA225 gen2 price must has increased as well.

Hi,
That's a great set up, I dunno if have said the same thing in another of your threads, but coming to the point, the AV QR series are beauties that are fairly easy to drive. The LRs, if I am not wrong, are 90 db claimed sensitivity, and the other channels are not very far behind, if I have it right.

So, the first thing to understand is why you feel the need for additional power? Is there a specific deficit you are feeling?

The SR60xx series are proper beefcakes when it comes to amplification. There shouldn't be a need for extra amplification for your requirements.

What is your room size and how far back do you sit?

The Emotivas have been used by many here and elsewhere, and they do deliver what they promise from my reading.
I have a specific personal grouse against Emotiva in India - they are a low-cost internet direct brand in the US, and the arrival price in India via dealer is just not worth it. If you can source one via a visitor, nothing like it, that is if you are set on adding a PA to your system.

Having said that, short, straight answer to your question will be to DM FM @ankitbhargava. He runs an SR6xxx powered by Emotivas. And he is one very happy cat.

As I said, your speakers are great. So, I really don't know what you are lacking.
Sharing room size and listening distance will help.

All said, I would suggest investing a small amount in a local PA for your requirement and see how it sounds to your ears.

If you are going 5-channel, go direct to the Emotivas.
All the best
Thanks for such a detailed reply. I was occupied last few days so a bit late to reply.

As you mentioned, I am also looking into some Indian brand. Seems more value for money, but don’t know how that compares with reputed international brands.O&B is a pretty new brand but has got very positive reviews in the forum. Also it is based out of pune.
Also, I am also contemplating whether to invest in DAC first or power amplifier, since many FMs pointed that SR6013 is good and powerful enough.

Even after a long long research for a good amp, which could drive my hard to drive planar headphones with authority, I've finally reached Mr. Aniket Das from O&B and he is in process of finalizing the design for my amp.
Thanks for your suggestion. I have reached out to Mr Aniket and he has been kind enough to give a demo in my home. I am in the process of taking a final decision.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back