Emotiva's XDA-1 DAC : Is it worth wait?

I've reserved mine :yahoo:
Same pinch:D. BTW, I received a 100$ off certificate from Emotiva valid till next year, this will make the price of the XDA-1 just $199 for me:licklips:.

total damage ?:licklips:
Nothing, you are just reserving your XDA-1, there is no commitment to buy. Emotiva will check with you when they are ready and you can decide whether you want to go ahead or not. Reserving now puts you ahead in the queue (you also get to test the bugs:lol:) and offers price protection in case of increase. Currently it is $299.

For now, just click on "Reserve" button in link below and fill in the form:
Emotiva Audio XDA-1 Digital-to-Analog Converter

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Same pinch:D. BTW, I received a 100$ off certificate from Emotiva valid till next year, this will make the price of the XDA-1 just $199 for me:licklips:.

Nothing, you are just reserving your XDA-1, there is no commitment to buy. Emotiva will check with you when they are ready and you can decide whether you want to go ahead or not. Reserving now puts you ahead in the queue (you also get to test the bugs:lol:) and offers price protection in case of increase. Currently it is $299.

For now, just click on "Reserve" button in link below and fill in the form:
Emotiva Audio XDA-1 Digital-to-Analog Converter

Enjoy!!

199$ only :mad: :mad: :mad: good for u :p :clapping: still debating if I shld head towards cd6003 or Xda1 :indifferent14:

Should be worth getting even if it is as good an entry level cdp, considering the connectivity options, but would prefer to wait for the initial reviews.

mine is also in transit should reach by end of next week.. almong with a huge consignment of Blu-rays
Kapil, I missed replying on the other thread. I have not yet picked up mine. Waiting for next credit card cycle:D

Kapil, I missed replying on the other thread. I have not yet picked up mine. Waiting for next credit card cycle:D

at the end I purchased it coz I had to consume the 100$ emobucks. however, i have post purchase dissonance on the following

1. Apparently you can only truly unlock the potential of the XDA-1 if you use the balanced (XLR) connections to the power amp.
2. given a choice of sonic improvements to my system, I think a BFD as a sub parametric equaliser would make a bigger delta right now

once the xda-1 arrives (and folks @ home are not kept in the know yet) I will not be allowed to anything else for a really long time :-(

I will not be allowed to anything else for a really long time
Same Here. Mine got delivered on Monday(6th Dec) and today SVS PC12-NSD was delivered. I am out of station since Monday evening and will be returning tomorrow. XDA-1 will be connected to XPA-3 , the source being Pioneer BDP-51fd. However my fronts( Yamaha NS-555) are the limitations. Hope I get approval to upgrade soon.

any members got this yet...?

reviews.... :)

Unit delivered in NY on 15 Dec 10 but presently away on holidays until 15 Jan 11. Lot of mixed user opinions on the net, some praising while others claiming disappointment at failed expectations.

Received email from Emotiva stating I do NOT need to send the unit back to fix the volume issue bcoz I will use the XDA-1 with an "integrated" Amplifier.

If it helps, also bought interconnects and a power chord from Emotiva so will share my experiences on these accessories as well.

any members got this yet...?

reviews.... :)

yup, i've had it about 2 weeks now, but I've only put in a few listening hours in one session. I've been too busy to post about it on the forum, let alone listen to it.

however here are my very brief first impressions based on the limited time i spent

source chain

htpc (itunes)-> airport express -> optical-> xda-1-> analog unbalanced-> umc1->analog unbalancd->upa-7->polk audio rti-a7

music listened to -> ALAC rips of CDs I own and am very familiar with. rock & pop and some A R rahman

out of the box it sounded very bloated, tubby bass almost like a tweeter and mid were missing.

but within minutes (!!!) the sound settled down and midrange and treble emerged. cannot say if it continued to improve throughout the listening session, but by the end it was a really enjoyable session.

Compared to the DAC of the uMC-1 there is an immediate difference in sound that would come out in any blind A/B test. instruments are sharper and more clearly resolved the voices are more clearly anchored, treble is clear and the sound is more "together". there's a snap to the music which keeps you wanting to listen some more. it's a whole lot clearer, so one tends to listen a whole lot louder. I've never heard the polk audios sounding better.

overall, there is excellent bass extension and great clarity. from what i've read on the net it takes some hours to open up fully and connected using balanced connections to really sound it's best; but the quicky listen I had in less than optimium conditions made me very happy indeed. i think it's money well spent!

more feedback and snaps this weekend (hopefully)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back