EMT 938 Pictures

prem

Wonderful! Beauty and simplicity usually go hand in hand. Your listening room has both. Minimalist perfection!

The Esoteric is gone? This is news. Where has it gone?

Awsome... Myself and denom had good fortune of auditioning this audio nirvana...it is different league altogether.I doubted Prems logic of parting with esoteric ,the finest cdp I heard at his place, but I think he was right!
The looks are too dofferent,as I said earlier ,if someone admires industrial beauties like tank,hummer h1,panasonic toughbook laptops or casio g shock watches,he will like the rock solid looks of EMT !!!

Lovely setup Prem. Are these the new Sadhanas or the old? I've heard from unconfirmed sources that the new ones do not use Lowthers but drivers made by a company of ex-employees of Peerless and are not a patch on the Lowthers. Don't know for sure if it is true.

Thanks Prithvi, Ajay124, Myriad, Sidvee, Omishra, Captrajesh, Hemantwaghe.

Ajay 124, i have sold the Esoteric.

Dhruvzy. I am not sure how trance sounds on Rethms. Never heard it.

Captrajesh, i have the Rethm Saadhanas Version 2 which uses the Lowthers but has 3 woofers in the sub section with a built in 125 watt amp unlike Version 1 which has 2 woofers in the sub section with a built in 75 watt amp. The Version 2 is more linear in bass as compared to Version 1 and also goes down a bit more lower. The new Saadhanas with the Peerless driver is under development. Jacob is very happy with it and thinks its superior to the Lowthers.

Last edited:
Hi Dhruvzy

The problem is i have recently sold my cd player. I only have a turntable and do not have any trance lp. I listen to classic rock like Led Zepp, Purple, Floyd, Doors, Tull, etc. The speaker can comfortably handle this stuff. When i had my cd player it handled stuff from Madonna, DJ Cheb, etc very comfortably.

Thanks G401Fan. With a couple of Garrards under your belt, i do not know who should be envying whom?

Nice setup Prem. Also nice to see you have taken care that cables remains hidden. That's what I like untangled neat setup.
:thumbsup: Enjoy.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo da Vinci

Prem, your setup has always been my envy (and aspiration of course)...the entire ambience is A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!! :clapping:

I might make a trip to Mumbai just to feast my eyes on the real thing...with your approval of course ;)

By now the Gaanam would have seen a few hundered hours of playtime...how do they feel now?

Nice setup Prem. Also nice to see you have taken care that cables remains hidden. That's what I like untangled neat setup.
:thumbsup: Enjoy.

I agree! super-high score on WAF!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Hitensitapara and Soulforged.

Soulforged, you are most welcome to drop in anytime. The Gaanam is a completely open sounding amp. It mates very well with the Rethm speakers.

Thanks Malvai and Himadri. The picture conveys more ambience than there actually is. Its a normal living room.

Prem i don't think it could have got any better than this. Inspiration for all of us. Simple and brilliant set up

Cheers

You're indeed lucky to have such a living room Prem, with space behind the speakers, very neatly arranged too!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back