Energy RC 10 / CB 10

M

mpw

Hi,

had been to Thump at Atria mall in Worli today. Listened top Energy RC 10 ( MRP Rs 40k !! ) and Energy CB10 ( MRP 18k ).

The RC10 was looking excellent in wood while the CB10 was in MDF. Both had the same driver sizes ( 5 1/2 inch ) but different driver material. The sound from the RC 10 was superior but not by that much to warrant a Rs 22K proce premium i thought.

On both the above speakers i heard "Hotel california ", "Lucky Boy ( bachna E haseeno ) and Jodha Akbar tracks.

Thought the Energy speakers line have a "full sounding " feel to them and they would do very well with an amp like HK though the audition was with a marantz AVR ( had requested to turn off the sub woofer - Pure Direct mode )

Wonder how would the following stack up against the CB10 and the RC 10

PSB B5
Paradigm Mini Monitor

mpw

Regarding price of RC10, amazon.com had it for only USD280=INR13000 sometime back, but currently at USD 600 at vanns.com. I too liked the sound of RC10 at atria mall, but price was way too high for me,and settled for Quad 11L for which I got a good deal.
Sorry,not much idea about PSB and Paradigm models!!

Regarding price of RC10, amazon.com had it for only USD280=INR13000 sometime back, but currently at USD 600 at vanns.com. I too liked the sound of RC10 at atria mall, but price was way too high for me,and settled for Quad 11L for which I got a good deal.
Sorry,not much idea about PSB and Paradigm models!!

whats your room size and how much did you get the quads for ?

mpw

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back