Playing Speaker Poker with mpws NAD356

Thanks Denom,mpw & Hari for writing your views.I really missed the opportunity to enjoy listening fun.I hope to hear Epos next time.
Finally congrats mpw,a blind game was more than success.Cheers.

* Tight Bass which was a pleasant surprise & NOT AT ALL BRIGHT Highs as some armchair counts(minus the o) kept shouting about.

Maybe not the speaker, but you certainly sound shrill ... I guess the resistor to tame the tweeter needs to be shoved in and up somewhere else if not into the speaker :eek:hyeah:

--G0bble

Maybe not the speaker, but you certainly sound shrill ... I guess the resistor to tame the tweeter needs to be shoved in and up somewhere else if not into the speaker :eek:hyeah:

--G0bble

Yes armchair count(minus the o)

:cool:

Thanks Denom,mpw & Hari for writing your views.I really missed the opportunity to enjoy listening fun.I hope to hear Epos next time.
Finally congrats mpw,a blind game was more than success.Cheers.
===================================================

thanks spiro..maybe we can meet sometime.

Quiz - what to do to keep gobble busy ??

Ans - Give him Hari Iyers TL BS speakers.. Gobble will look for the port at the front or back for the rest of the day.

:lol::lol::D

Happy Monday guys.. lets get back to work..

;-))

mpw

ali ali.. ali..ali.. where art my Nemesis stands ?

thou shall not falter in your promise to deliver it this weekend..

:))

mpw

May be not the cross-over is at around 5.5KHz. Changing the resistor will also need to change the capacitor accordingly as the impedance or he equivalent impedance of the tweeter changes with the change in the resistor value. Hence both the resistor and capacitor will have to undergo change accordingly if at all required. Also since the resistor is after the capacitor, it does not warrant such high wattage resistors as the bulk of the low freq current will be filtered by the capacitor. Hence a 5W to 10W resistor should be sufficient.:)

????. Are you talking seriously about speakers or just extending Gobble's 'not so good' joke cum statement in response to the important 'O' of Denom? I am confused

Last edited:
yeah.. yeah.. LMAO..

wait till i post some high res pics ( hopefully i can do it.. not too much into photography etc.. )

but.. heck.. no competition.. your setup is eyecandy cor..mine is a bit downmarket in that sense with much more stuff around the house..but does its job well. I am already using Bimals stands and i have a sens of how it feels on stands.. i dont expect much tonal difference but i think the Nemesis will look better on the Epos considering the shape of the Epos grill and the feet of the nemesis.

u know it would be so nice to here these one against the other..( esp a BLIND test )

:))

the epos is much more cheaper ( and going by that yardstick ).. the Jamo should take it hands down.. but it will be fun nonetheless..

mpw

mpw

Hey Hari, you are confusing me even more now by saying even you are confused about what you said. Anyway. I happened to visit my friend's place yesterday. He showed me some very old speakers in visibly poor conditions named Philips Hi Q international. We opened it. i was pleasantly surprised to see that I housed the same driver that I had. I have thsoe drivers since long but without anyTS parameter, I was stuck. We played the speakers with my Pace 2045 amp. Very nice balanced, easy sound. It was single driver full ranger without any kind of filter in sealed box. Bass needed a bit of boost but the box was not well sealed. It should do well with better quality enclosure. Now I know what is to be done with my drivers. I was so heart broken to know that his father used the speakers with original philips tube amp and some turntable. He gave those away few years back. Luckily speakers remained. We will refurbish it.

Sorry MPW this is off topic, i will keep it brief.

@ Jaudere

Philips has not changed their housing design for decades, but that does not mean it's the same driver.

Our 70's Fullrange philips has the same housing they use today. But drivers are different.

ewdxv.jpg

If you want, you can make another thread to talk about i it Jaudere :)

jauderebhai - i meant that i was confused too.. and was not extending gobbles joke.
vaikast bhai - dunno about this combo but i request you to start another thread for this question in the "what should i buy" section.

@hari - Rs 7000 /- per hour session for use of my home for experiments :))

ha ha ha !!!

mpw

jauderebhai - i meant that i was confused too.. and was not extending gobbles joke.
vaikast bhai - dunno about this combo but i request you to start another thread for this question in the "what should i buy" section.

ha ha ha !!!

mpw

Hari will be reminded of his wife's saying "ye hobby bohut mahenga padega aapko" :p

ha ha ha !!!

mpw

no experiments with any of the speakers. My experiments are only on the simulator else i will have to sell my home for this expensive hobby. Thank god who ever made these simulators else speakers would have been atleast 5 times more expensive.

View attachment 8145yesterday i got the speaker stands - Nemesis - from magma ( Soundfoundations ). The stands are heavy and well made and i like the shape. Nicely done.

Put it all together last night and this evening and here is what my setup looks like in the end....

Its time for me now to sit back and enjoy the music.

:yahoo:

mpw

PS : In the end.. it doesnt really matter.. Linkin Park

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back