Playing Speaker Poker with mpws NAD356

@avid & cor-yeah its irritatingly bright with my yaqin mc-10l tube amp(50watts)
@cor-the aq ic's its reserved for me as of now....

Can also suggest you put in a call to Lyrita Audio and ask Virenji his take on the ICs ... or the reason the speaker is sounding very bright with your tube amp .... He would be a better judge than us novices.

could not resist this pic.. forgive the poor BB camera. Still some wiring to be sorted out and i think it will look better on stands..

rgds,
mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
@mpw, i found this useful link where some tips about EPOS M12i placement on stands are recommended after measurements. Its recommended to experiment if the speaker sounds too bright by standing on a chair and hearing the HF response and find the optimum placement. If you find the speaker too bright then also turning the speaker upside-down is also recommended. Do experiment after your own judgement and take tips from the article after reading them entirely. Hope your stands are adjustable too if you ever need to find the optimum placement.

Epos m12.2 Review

many of the higher end PSB designs have the woofer on top of the tweeter for better off axis dispersion. The PSB Millenium M2 and the high end ones are like this.

The link you sent is for the Epos M12.2.. mine is the epos M12.1.

mpw

many of the higher end PSB designs have the woofer on top of the tweeter for better off axis dispersion. The PSB Millenium M2 and the high end ones are like this.

The link you sent is for the Epos M12.2.. mine is the epos M12.1.

mpw

Oh, i thought the M12.1 and M12.2 used the same drivers. In any case you can still find the article quite useful just in case you find the speakers a bit bright after you have tried with your placements. I found some very useful tips which i might myself use for my speakers which would benefit.:)

Me and Denom are visiting mpw today evening for hearing music with the epos M12.1. Will also be carrying my TL BS speakers to check with his NAD amplifier. Not planned any comparisions with the TLs and epos due to short time span available (around 1 to 2 hrs). As usual Denom will be happy to post the details.:)

just wanted to thank bimal , denom and hari for coming over today. Bimal - once more - for letting me use his speaker stands.

Time for me to focus on the music and enjoy the combo i have.

hopefully denom will have his impressions by tomorrow.

rgds,
mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I am looking forward to hearing your observations! Make sure to try out multiple components in different configurations!

Yea sure, when I do so today, later part of noon though ;)

Whats gonna 'appen if the TL BS stands out in all departments????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sadly did not happen, so a sort of KLPD for you eh??? :cool:

Hari will throw a party and send u n me chocolates in mail :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

You are the one who needs to send us chocolates, what with 1) getting your 'deadly' Jamo's for a song & 2) Enjoying them so much that you forgot to do a 'moo meetha' of us FM's with 'Chom Chom', 'Sondesh', 'Misthi Doi' & their ilk.... well you get the drift (Bengali Sweets) :licklips::licklips::licklips:

just wanted to thanl bimal , denom and hari for coming over today. Bimal - once more - for letting me use his speaker stands.

Time for me to focus on the music and enjoy the combo i have.

hopefully denom will have his impressions by tomorrow.

rgds,
mpw

mpw, thanks for letting us come over & disturb your folks, pls convey my regds to your mom & wifey for being so understanding & bearing with us :p

Review in detail will be happening post noon, right now in 'buzzed mode' due thanks to Kala Kutta 8 yrs old ;)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back