Energy Take Classic 5.1 or Polk

Wow George, the savior ;)

George, can you please shed some more light on your demo at the forum member's home? Also could you please pass his details. As it appears, we have a few takers (still) of the ET Classic 5.1..... And I think its all attributed to the raving reviews about this one set....

I mean in Amazon alone there're 117 reviews....

may we we could talk to the owner of this and get more feedback....
I am curious about some questions like.....

1.) How big was the room size where you took the demo?
2.) How was the effect? Would you compare it to FS or any other 5.1 set, like Klipsch HD500 or Polk RM6750/ 705 etc...
3.) What media did you use while taking the demo?
4.) How was the soundstage if at all any was there...
5.) How filling was the sound? In specifics, the highs mids and lows?

etc etc

The best thing is to get the info straight from the horses mouth-crewcut himself! He is a bit scarce on this forum because he feels that too many temptations get thrown at him on a regular basis and he has to fight tooth and nail to avoid buying all kinds of toys! I suggest you pm him for more info. I went to his place one evening, to demo his stuff, and got into a horrendous 2 hour traffic jam enroute, and cut my visit short. I may not have listened to watched stuff on his flat pane for more than 5 mins max, all I can say is that it sounded nice.

Ive been been looking at one of these and seriously considered buying a set about 10 years ago, but it didnt happen.Having subsequently built my own dedicated HT speaker system, this now wont happen.

Im not keen about the micros. Mailed the authorized distributed of energy speakers in Mumbai and they said the same. Micro for 43k....

Classic, as per them is discontinued...

Has anyone heard klipsch hd500? Am getting it for 340 USD in eBay USA. Add another 10-15 k in shipping taxes n customs...but how is the quality?

I have auditioned klipsch hd 500. It is as same as the polk 6750 & did not found any major difference...sepcially comparing the price. It is just expensive...around 28-30K

The best thing is to get the info straight from the horses mouth-crewcut himself! He is a bit scarce on this forum because he feels that too many temptations get thrown at him on a regular basis and he has to fight tooth and nail to avoid buying all kinds of toys!

Please tell us about the room size at least - If it could fill 12 x 20. I am more inclined to Energy Take and I can consider a bulk buy with others if Energy take lives up to it.

@ Sriram,

Hi,
replied to you in PM.
Am going for Demo of ET Classic at RD tonight...

Let me know if you're interested in it as well...

Thanks Calvin,
I PMd the same to Sri...

And Snorkel went ahead and bought off the Energy Take classic last night..... any more and my mind would have fried... searching for speakers!!!

LOL!

^^^

I just saw those speakers in the above mentioned stores. They were not connected for demo.

Srikanth,

Just go in person to a Ezone nearby. You can see the speakers there. Ask them to give a demo and decide.

Hi..

I wanted to buy the Energy Take Classic as well. Since I came to know of at least two visits to USA..I decided to get bigger speakers.

So I bought two RTi4 Polk audio for 150 bucks and got the CS10 Center for 100 bucks...so Have spent around 12K so far.
If next visit fructifies, i will get the PSW10 Sub woofer for 100 bucks..so thats 17K incl sub.

and lastly I wil ltwo monitor 30 speakers for 100 bucks..

So thats Polk Audio self assembled 5.1 for around 20K..Do you think this will be better than either Polk HTIB or Energy Take Classic or you think all this effort of getting it one by one was not worth it? Pls advice.

I will be back with the first set of speakers this Sunday and would appreciate if any of the esteemed members can drop in at my place in vijaynagar Bangalore to have a listen.

Thx:clapping:

Last edited:
Can you explain the process involved to get this setup under 20k ? :p

JOB
VISA
Client
Project
PerDM

am I missing any :rolleyes:

Can you explain the process involved to get this setup under 20k ? :p

JOB
VISA
Client
Project
PerDM

am I missing any :rolleyes:

Well I used to work for Indias biggest and best BPO and used to travel almost on a monthly basis. Now I work for a similar company and sometimes I need to make myself available for some one day meetings in US..so for 6-7 hrs in front of customer...I travel 50-60 hrs and ruin my weekends...only silver lining is such purchases :) Regarding per diem..well if I cook my own food..a weeks perdiem should be enough to assemble the rig I mentioned.

Since you are one of the highly thanked and decorated boarders..pls let me know if opinion of my rig. Here is what I have bought or will buy.

Amazon.com: Polk Audio RTi4 High Performance Bookshelf/On-Wall Speakers (Pair, Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker (Single, Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Monitor Series Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: Polk Audio Monitor 30 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Black): Electronics

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back