Energy Take Classic 5.1 or Polk

sriramgiyer

Hello everybody,
Looking into forums I have more or less decided to buy energy take 5.1.

Can you please tell me where I can buy Energy 5.1 take classic in Chennai and what should be the price that I negotiate for (one of the forum threads showed as less as 25.5 - not sure if that is negotiable to that level).

Also, if not energy Take (because it becoming out dated or unavailable), can I go for Polk or HKTS 20 BQ (people say sub is weak in 20 BQ)? Suggest fronts, rears and sub. For Sub - I am evaluating if I should buy Dayton ones considering VFM (suggestions needed here as well please)

AVR is Yamaha V667 and the budget for speakers max 30K (if immediately buying). Upon good suggestions, I can wait and build 3.1 + 2 as well in two or three buys if it is > 30 K (still max shall be 50 - 55K). Please help - more or less a n00b here.

Thanks.

SriramG

Dont know about Energy Take Classic but Energy RC Micro is available at Grand Cinema. He did mention that he wanted to dispose of the unit. You could ask him for Energy Take Classic.

Guruprasad

I had heard classic and micro long back in mumbai. Classic are best at the rate offered that time. I personally own RC50. You will be happy with Energy anytime.

Energy take classic is better than polk satellites.But it seems only demo units are available @ Reliance stores.

Any help or suggestions on building it little by little? Any suggestions on Polk?

Have a look at CA Sirocco series. Had a demo of S30 bookshelves and they were quite good. S30 (fronts) + S50 (center) + S90 (SW) costs around 28-30K. Not sure about rears but a pair of S20 should suffice, I think.

Thanks Kittu. In case Energy is outdated (or not available), any other suggestions?

Check for Paradigm cinema 110, deftech pro cinema , Qacoustics 5.1, Wharf cinema package, mirage nano sat , energy rc micro and psb.

But , building a setup with bookshelf or FS speakers will give you assured entertainment in the long run.

Check out PSB,PARADIGM, POLK RTI series bookshelf and center speakers to start with, and add sub and surrounds later.

Search here in HFV for speaker auditioning threads. You can find plenty.

HTH

@ Sriram, did you land any where in your search for Energy Take classic? Even I am dwindling about buying the same....

If I were to ship them from Amazon USA, Energy Take classic is landing at my doorstep for 31487 Rs
If I buy them first hand from eBay and then get them shipped here, its costing me 24000.

How much are they available for, if they are still, in India?

I was wondering if Jamo 406 5.0 speakers (outdated though), which are now available for 15k could give a better cinema experience than the Energy or Polk we are referring to here.

I was wondering if Jamo 406 5.0 speakers (outdated though), which are now available for 15k could give a better cinema experience than the Energy or Polk we are referring to here.

I had heard 406's and Take Classic. Take Classic were much better and detailed.

@ Sriram, did you land any where in your search for Energy Take classic? Even I am dwindling about buying the same....

If I were to ship them from Amazon USA, Energy Take classic is landing at my doorstep for 31487 Rs
If I buy them first hand from eBay and then get them shipped here, its costing me 24000.

How much are they available for, if they are still, in India?
Cheapest in global ebay is 30K. Are you referring to buy that from ebay.com and ship using aramex / borderlinx?
But anyway, I have kind of changed my mind to build it little by little - still not exceeding by too much. Have auditioned CA S30 (he was having only that), seems good VFM - in Chennai Cressida. But planning to consider MS Aviano 1 (sounded pretty decent to me). Need to audition Polk RTi A1/A3 and the QAcoustics 1010s and 2020s. Well again, Kittu was the influence ;)

To add more to yours, I could only get Energy RC Micro in Chennai. GrandCinema was quoting 43K (real looters these folks). but havent auditioned or negotiated thinking that sats wont fill my hall. But looks like I have to wait till you buy :eek:hyeah:

Im interested in classic, not micro, so I'll look around for it's availability in Delhi NCR. Will check the other option of building them step by step as well....

Im not keen about the micros. Mailed the authorized distributed of energy speakers in Mumbai and they said the same. Micro for 43k....

Classic, as per them is discontinued...

Has anyone heard klipsch hd500? Am getting it for 340 USD in eBay USA. Add another 10-15 k in shipping taxes n customs...but how is the quality?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back