Energy Take Classic Center Channel cracking

raman340

Hi All,

I recently purchased Energy Take Classic 5.1 from AvenueSound. Yesterday I received the package and I connected with my AVR Marantz-5008. As soon as I turned on I noticed a crackling sound from the center spkr (even at low volume). I tried reversing the polarity and had no success. I attached other spr with center source, it was working fine. I attached center spkr in the rear channel I got same issue.

What could be the reason? Is it manufacturing defect? I am a bit shocked and feeling cheated having invested ~50K in a spkr whose credibility is now unknown.

Need your expertise please!

Hi

If warranty is provided, please contact avenue sound and mention about the issue....i feel the driver cone has an issue

Yes,
It's day 1 only. So complete warranty is there. As of now Avenue Sound (Ashish) is very supportive and is calling back the center spkr. He is also in the interim sending a substitute one.

However I am worried that this can happen anytime then. I hope it is not a AVR Spkr mismatch issue.

Last edited:
I think you are worrying too much here, it is a defective CC which is covered under warranty.
As you have swapped the speakers and tested working fine, then you don't need to worry once you get an replacement.

Hi

Ashish is nice guy and very supportive...he understands customer service and care much better than other dealers.

I second that.. Ashish is very helpful. infact he sent me a second hand CC in the interim and collected the new defective CC for further investigation. All couriered via Fedex and borne by him. Hats off.

Just that I am surprised how a new piece can end up being defunct.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back