Ordered Energy Take Classic 5.1. Which AVR to choose now?

gokul1980

Friends,

I had mentioned in my previous threads about my desire of setting up a budget HT system. I had asked all you experts on this forum to help/assist me in making the right decision and i must say that all of your comments and insights were really valuable.

I am still one step short in completing my setup and thought i would share my progress with u guys. So, i have finally ordered the Energy Take Classic 5.1 speaker set through AvenueSound (Kemps Corner, Mumbai). Mohsin from avenuesound is a great guy to deal with. I finalised this deal for 34k INR including the converter/step down as you may like to call it. I am very well aware that there are a lot of other ways in which you could get these speakers for less than 34k INR. Unfortunately, i do not have that patience :lol:

I am going to get the speakers in the 1st week of May and as of now i am planning to connect them to my 46" Samsung 3D LED Smart TV. Meanwhile, i would like to get your opinion/advice on which AVR to go for. I have shortlisted Onkyo TX-NR515. Open for some more suggestions. I have a friend in Canada who is coming back to India sometime in May end. Will request him to get the AVR if possible.

Waiting for your advices guys.

Thanks,
Gokul

Friends,

I am very well aware that there are a lot of other ways in which you could get these speakers for less than 34k INR.
Thanks,
Gokul

Thats a good deal you got. Unless you hand carry from USA or some one else and escape customs , this is a better price.

Energy speakers blend really well with Denon receivers. Your best bet would be 1713 .

Yes, as Kittu said Denon 1713 will be best for Energy Classic. I have heard Energy classic with Onkyo, but did not quite like the bright sound.

I have Energy Micro & Denon 2310 => it sounds good! You need to have original source of audio and it booms up :)

The way I see is that I am not audiophile. I went from TV to TV+HT so it is awesome experience for me! The more I take demo in show-room, more I like those setup than mine as they put setup in 10 * 10 room and I have open living room which is huge and opens up in kitchen and dining.

Check with avenuesound if they have any HK avrs 1565, 1650 or 1700. They can also rock your speakers. Pretty bad avenuesound dont update their sites with stock information.

I have bought Energy take classics recently and paired with yamaha rx-v473. I really love the sound when using airplay or play music directly by usb. Suggest using direct mode without the cinema DSP modes to get the best sound.

Yamaha Oflate is producing scintillating avrs getting 5 star ratings from review houses. It is very agile and nimble footed when compared to denon and other avrs.
For premium quality one goes for higher end pioneer avrs.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back