new full home theatre guide

i have tinittus in my ears but still i wan to enjoy movies and music at lower volumes. My 1ST QUESTION IS ABOUT avr i am eying on denon x3800h and x4800h. price difference n india between them is 50000 inr (590 usd). Which one to get? I am planning to buy 2 front tower speakers/1 center/2back surround/1 subwoofer(another maybe later) and 2 "pairs" of DOLBY ATMOS from SVS/POLK AUDIO/KEF/klipsh plus i would connect appletv 4k and 1 tv with denon.
which brand should i buy i dont want that sharp piercing sound as i have tinnitus, which brand to buy for warm sound signature you know what i mean

You can consider Q acoustic, Dali (my personal recommendation), the Elac Diamond Series, and monitor audio (personally, I felt monitor audio was missing a lot of details and sounded a little recessed), but you can try it. I don't like Klipsh speakers for music (they are very bright), but I would recommend them for home theatre use.

Note: The key is to audition as much as you want and choose the sound that best suits your ears.

i have tinittus in my ears but still i wan to enjoy movies and music at lower volumes. My 1ST QUESTION IS ABOUT avr i am eying on denon x3800h and x4800h. price difference n india between them is 50000 inr (590 usd). Which one to get? I am planning to buy 2 front tower speakers/1 center/2back surround/1 subwoofer(another maybe later) and 2 "pairs" of DOLBY ATMOS from SVS/POLK AUDIO/KEF/klipsh plus i would connect appletv 4k and 1 tv with denon.
which brand should i buy i dont want that sharp piercing sound as i have tinnitus, which brand to buy for warm sound signature you know what i mean
Hi :)

I would suggest to go with a marantz 7.1 AVR instead of Denon, as marantz have a house sound which leans onto the warmer side, with a slight roll off in the treble. If Dirac is important to you, then you can consider the newer marantz cinema series, maybe the cinema 60. Or if dirac is not important, then the older and discounted SR 6015 should do the job very well.

Edit : I would also suggest Qacoustics speakers with marantz as advised by @hifimaddy . And avoid klipsch completely.

marantz is out of question here in india, it will be very costly also heard this qacoustic for first time. can you tell more premium brands good for my ears and available in india as well
Hi :)

I would suggest to go with a marantz 7.1 AVR instead of Denon, as marantz have a house sound which leans onto the warmer side, with a slight roll off in the treble. If Dirac is important to you, then you can consider the newer marantz cinema series, maybe the cinema 60. Or if dirac is not important, then the older and discounted SR 6015 should do the job very well.

Edit : I would also suggest Qacoustics speakers with marantz as advised by @hifimaddy . And avoid klipsch completely.

any speaker can be ear piercing if it is not integrated well or if the room has bad acoustics. off axis response of the speaker would interrupt the main frequency response of the room, if is not treated properly. so even with a warm speaker you may experience harshness. so visit a demo room and then select your speaker brand and room treatment. Denon 3800h is very good avr for the price .

Most Important - Audition speakers with AV receiver, that way you can be sure what works for you.

If ATMOS is important (What configuration), make sure you buy AVR that can support those number of channels.
5.1.X
7.1.X
You can increase it to any level you desire, but these are general home use configurations.
X - No of channels for Dolby ATMOS

You will need an AVR with 5+X or 7+X channels that support ATMOS.
Supports 4K

I am using AVR with 11 channel Pre-out with external amplifier to drive the front speakers.

Marantz AV receivers are good. I have used (SR6007 with Monitor Audio 5 speaker) and (SR6015 with 9 Speakers and F5Turbo with SB12.3).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back