Entry level budget bookshelf speakers

Legore

Hi

I own a pioneer vsx 323k receiver and I'm looking out to upgrade the default speakers.
I've shortlisted down to
- JBL Stage A130
- Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
- Mission LX-2
Budget below INR30k

Utilizing for - 60%music rest movies/tv shows

Unfortunately due to the lockdown I'm unable to audition. Please provide your insightful thoughts basis my budget and receiver.
I'm open to new suggestions as well.

I have a pair of Dynaudio Emit20 speakers for slightly higher than your budget listed for sale. It is significantly better than the entry level speakers you shortlisted. Lots of info online.

Even if you choose not to go with the Emits, I would strongly suggest purchasing used from the forum. Much, much better value for money and as long as you buy from an established member you can rest assured of the item you receive. People take great care of their equipment. I personally have had great experiences buying from folks from HFV.

I have a pair of Dynaudio Emit20 speakers for slightly higher than your budget listed for sale. It is significantly better than the entry level speakers you shortlisted. Lots of info online.

Even if you choose not to go with the Emits, I would strongly suggest purchasing used from the forum. Much, much better value for money and as long as you buy from an established member you can rest assured of the item you receive. People take great care of their equipment. I personally have had great experiences buying from folks from HFV.
+1 to this.

U cant get a better speaker than Emit M20 for the price @vineetrad is offering.
do give a serious thought

Hi

I own a pioneer vsx 323k receiver and I'm looking out to upgrade the default speakers.
I've shortlisted down to
- JBL Stage A130
- Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
- Mission LX-2
Budget below INR30k

Unfortunately due to the lockdown I'm unable to audition. Please provide your insightful thoughts basis my budget and receiver.

My 2 cents to JBL Stage A130, may be uninteresting in looks but does loads of things absolutely right. These aren't super efficient and pair well with muscular, but still aren't hard enough for your receiver.

I would also give a serious look to Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 or 11.2 in your budget for new speakers, these may match better with various amplifiers. Pioneer being on brighter side might work well with Wharfedale Diamond.

Pre-owned is excellent option to get better stuff in less budget and offered Emit M20 is very good for sure, however I would avoid pairing it with any entry or mid level receivers. It would be a very good choice if you plan to upgrade your receiver or may be go to pre-power route, 4 Ohm speaker is not easy load for entry level receivers especially if speakers are not really efficient (anything around 89/90 db is fine).
Please don't get me wrong, I would have grabbed Emit M20 myself if I were in need of a pair of speakers for the offered price but not to use with a receiver. It really required muscle and juice to shine.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi

I've shortlisted down to
- JBL Stage A130
- Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
- Mission LX-2
Budget below INR30k

Hi

If budget is limited , if you are open to pre owned then check over olx

My 2 cents to JBL Stage A130, may be uninteresting in looks but does loads of things absolutely right. These aren't super efficient and pair well with muscular, but still aren't hard enough for your receiver.

I would also give a serious look to Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 or 11.2 in your budget for new speakers, these may match better with various amplifiers. Pioneer being on brighter side might work well with Wharfedale Diamond.

Pre-owned is excellent option to get better stuff in less budget and offered Emit M20 is very good for sure, however I would avoid pairing it with any entry or mid level receivers. It would be a very good choice if you plan to upgrade your receiver or may be go to pre-power route, 4 Ohm speaker is not easy load for entry level receivers especially if speakers are not really efficient (anything around 89/90 db is fine).
Please don't get me wrong, I would have grabbed Emit M20 myself if I were in need of a pair of speakers for the offered price but not to use with a receiver. It really required muscle and juice to shine.

Hope this helps.

This is a good point. My apologies I didn't notice the pairing was with a budget receiver.

That said please note Dynaudio designed the entry level Excite and Emit series to be usable with receivers and budget stereo amps. DM series or any higher end Contour Confidence etc certainly require beefy amps with good current to work well.

I have tested the Emits with a PM5005 20k budget Marantz. Works totally fine. If you plan to upgrade your receiver or setup a stereo system in the future these will work well and be future proof.

The Indiq suggested is a good option indeed.

Hope this helps.

As you said as per the specs M20 are indeed hard to drive & they are known to scale very well with better amps. But they are no slouch either with the beginning amps, when I had the m20 i tried it with the below amps
i) Marantz PM6006 - Soundstage was decent, lows were good but very thumpy (had to dial up the bass controls) and mids were purely magical with good amount of details
ii) Onkyo TX-SR444 - This pairing was really good and amongst the budget amps/avr these made them sing. Unexpected but yes these were the best of the lot overall
iii) Crown XLS2502 - A cheap poweramp but it opened up the soundstage and lows like anything, treble also was very pleasant due to the previous two factors.

Even with budget amps the Emit M20 outdid the Concept 20s by a good margin. While they will certainly scale highly with better amps , they are better than any other 30k speaker offerings even run on a budget amp/avr.

Hi

I've shortlisted down to
- JBL Stage A130
- Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
- Mission LX-2
Budget below INR30k

Check out QA 3020i, 3030i and Concept 20 as well.

As you said as per the specs M20 are indeed hard to drive & they are known to scale very well with better amps. But they are no slouch either with the beginning amps, when I had the m20 i tried it with the below amps
i) Marantz PM6006 - Soundstage was decent, lows were good but very thumpy (had to dial up the bass controls) and mids were purely magical with good amount of details
ii) Onkyo TX-SR444 - This pairing was really good and amongst the budget amps/avr these made them sing. Unexpected but yes these were the best of the lot overall
iii) Crown XLS2502 - A cheap poweramp but it opened up the soundstage and lows like anything, treble also was very pleasant due to the previous two factors.

Even with budget amps the Emit M20 outdid the Concept 20s by a good margin. While they will certainly scale highly with better amps , they are better than any other 30k speaker offerings even run on a budget amp/avr.

Yeah, its just that I haven't had good experience running 4R load on budget AVRs specially if they are 84-86 db sensitive. But it does not mean that they won't work, they will still sound but I would personally avoid.
Dedicated stereo amps are absolutely different equation, PM6006 and Crown XLS-2502 can make anything sing.
You have used these speakers that much, so I would refer to suggestions in your post for best :).

Here's another speaker in the mix
Since they are now avavibke in india
NHT

The super zero and super one are really good sounding

Check out the good old Polk rti A3. Efficient and sound very good for that price.

MaSh

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back