Entry Level Music Setup

swash

Hi all am looking to setup a 2 channel system for my music (budget <50k).
After some research i have zeroed in on Andrew jones Pioneer speakers + Norge 2600/1000 amp.
Source will be flac/wav files on my pc. Room size 15x15.
I already have a dac Xonar U7.
Genres intended to be played on the setup - bollywood (old+contemporary), western (pop,rock,electronic).
Please advise if the speaker/amp combo is all right or any room for improvement.
Also what is the price of a new Norge 1000 gold since I could not find it listed anywhere.
Thanks !

Norge 1000 gold price is Rs 13,500. Shipping is Rs 650 (for Bangalore).
You can call the number provided on their website. My Lakshman is a great guy. He would help you with all your queries.

After some research i have zeroed in on Andrew jones Pioneer speakers + Norge 2600/1000 amp.
Genres intended to be played on the setup - bollywood (old+contemporary), western (pop,rock,electronic).
Please advise if the speaker/amp combo is all right or any room for improvement.
Also what is the price of a new Norge 1000 gold since I could not find it listed anywhere.
Thanks !
Hi, I am selling my Yamaha RX-V675 (around 3 years old in 10/10 condition) + 5.1 speakers ( includes 10” Active Sub) for 51K
All Speakers are mfg by Sanen (Mumbai) who sells in Rave Brand ( Excellent Speakers in this price range) Reason for sale is Upgrading to Absolute High end Aventage series & Dali Rubicon Speakers
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/sanen-acoustics-indian-company.11461/

Attachments

• CAD0CEA1-E440-41F1-929A-CC03102F722A.jpeg
    CAD0CEA1-E440-41F1-929A-CC03102F722A.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 36
  • AAD9818A-74D7-4E75-B153-745EE847DC36.jpeg
    AAD9818A-74D7-4E75-B153-745EE847DC36.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks !
Norge amps will pair best with either their own speakers or else WD220s. Others speakers will also pair well, but will need some minor tweaks in the equalisers.

How much will be the difference in SQ between Norge and entry Level marantz say PM5005 for the speakers Pioneer SP FS52 ?

@vinyl is the best person to define the sq difference between Norge and marantz. Hope he is having both amps. :)
I am also in dilemma to choose between Norge 2060/1000 and Marantz 5005 for my second setup. Speakers are so far shortlisted WD 220 and Taga platinum one.

How much will be the difference in SQ between Norge and entry Level marantz say PM5005 for the speakers Pioneer SP FS52 ?

Whats the sensitivity of these Pioneers? Not much I guess. You need a beefier amp to drive them to potential. Regarding brands, in my opinion stick to the main stream amps from Marantz, Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo, etc.

MaSh

Where in "Bharat" are you? :)
If comfortable with used gear, there's a nice Tannoy Mercury and a Mordaunt Short come up for sale.

You can go with Elac Debut B6 and any good stereo receiver that can pump around 80 watts at 8 ohms.

Whats the sensitivity of these Pioneers? Not much I guess. You need a beefier amp to drive them to potential. Regarding brands, in my opinion stick to the main stream amps from Marantz, Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo, etc.
MaSh
Sensitivity - 87 dB

Thanks !

You may take a look at this package deal here

https://www.hifimart.com/package-de...5005-wharfedale-diamond-220-package-deal.html

Thanks!

@vinyl is the best person to define the sq difference between Norge and marantz. Hope he is having both amps. :)
I am also in dilemma to choose between Norge 2060/1000 and Marantz 5005 for my second setup. Speakers are so far shortlisted WD 220 and Taga platinum one.
I have sold only one of my Norge 1000 Golds to a forum member from Bangalore, and I do have the other Norge 1000 Gold, alongwith Marantz PM 6006.

Go for Norge 1000

Make in India

Not too costly

Many happy users here..

Safe bet I think..

Take the amplifier for auditions and buy speakers you like.

Norge 2060 was really good. I had to sell to save some space. But good memories on music quality with BA26 (which also I sold). By the way, is there any cheap stereo amp that can also give sub out ? I have 2 satellites lying around with sub. None of these mentioned amps seem to have a sub out.

I have sold only one of my Norge 1000 Golds to a forum member from Bangalore, and I do have the other Norge 1000 Gold, alongwith Marantz PM 6006.
Hope you will be recommending Norge over Marantz for better sound quality

Hope you will be recommending Norge over Marantz for better sound quality
Both are equally good with minor differences. Norge tends to be open, whereas Marantz tends to be restrained. Equalisers kept neutral, or in the direct mode, norge has more bass. But using the loudness button, Marantz has room shattering bass, which I do not like. For more bass I prefer to use the bass knob. I would suggest Norge over Marantz. One can attain the restrained Marantz sound in Norge by adjusting equalisers. But if one wants the looks, remote and other features of Marantz, then it has to be Marantz.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back