Epos m5 or tannoy mercury F1 custom

Bobby

Hi friends,
I am Posting on behalf of my friend.
He is looking for a pair of bookshelf within a budget of 20k, his choices are tannoy mercury f1 custom and wharfedale 9.2, subsequently he has got a offer for used Epos m5,now the dilemma is to go for tannoy with less money used or obtain (used) Epos m5 at 20k, however he liked tannoy and wharfedale's sound but didn't ever heard Epos.
Mostly he listen to soft, classic rock/hindi filmi songs.
Friends your invaluable suggestions are needed.

Bobby

bobby, for the money the Epos is a fantastic VFM..but would you know about what amplification he is planning to use ?

Hi,

It depends on the system also.
eg, I have Tannoy F1 with Onkyo working nicely.
I heard Wharf which to me didnt sound as open as Tannoy.

I dont know abt 3rd one.

Hi,
2 weeks back I have bought a Tannoy F1 custom(for 14.9k). I am also having diamond 9.5. But if your room size is small, i suggest to go for Tannoy. Excellent speaker for that value. Open sound and high very soothing. Wharfedale is also equally good. I have connected them to onkyo, technics and marantz..really good.Epos if u get at this price, go for it as i was having one for 3 weeks.

Thanks arj,
He is using a vintage class A yamaha A1000 amp which he might change in future.

thanks

Why change ?? a vintage Class A amp is drool material. IMO dont change this..as this a golden component you have.

Usher S520 is a good option too as mentioned in the hot deals section. Its not for bass heads I must warn you but in terms of detail retrieval, it probably bests both of these speakers.

Question is - is the EPOS M5i available for 20K?

Yes sire,it is available but in used market and its not m5i,the older version m5, one of our forum member Prakash has kept it on sale:)

Why change ?? a vintage Class A amp is drool material. IMO dont change this..as this a golden component you have.

Thats what i suggested him. This post is on my friends behalf

Usher S520 is a good option too as mentioned in the hot deals section. Its not for bass heads I must warn you but in terms of detail retrieval, it probably bests both of these speakers.

I'll surely recommend him the usher S520..

Thanks for the advices friends..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back