Epson 2030 HDMI no signal

shredder

This is less to report a problem than to post the solution of a problem that I had faced and which other forum members may face.

The projector is an Epson 2030. Neither of the two HDMI ports were receiving any signal. It was simply showing a blue screen with the message "No input". The projector's in-screen menu was showing just fine. I tried to resolve the problem by switching off the projector and turning it on again. Didn't work.

Here is what worked for me based on what I read on the net. You turn off the projector and REMOVE the HDMI cables from both ports. This supposedly "resets" something inside the projector clearing the "fault" - whatever that may be. When I turned it on again, the projector fan started spinning at full speed, without displaying any image. At this point I pulled out the power plug. Turned it on again. Image displays normally.

Maybe this is also a symptom of impending hardware failure? I would like to hear the thoughts of other forum members on this issue.

I have also faced such issues with Projector. But removing power cable during fan spinning is not a wise idea.

Switch off everything including source, remove cables and reconnect after few mins. Ideal way to resolve such issues.

My personal experience is the mismatch of resolution and refresh rate between the source and projector I have observed that if the source is switched on last in the series, this issue have not persisted.

I had similar problems on multiple HID lamp based projectors, I think it has something to do with minor power fluctuations. As they came up only after I shifted and the power quality here is quite poor. I now run a Eaton online UPS and these problems haven't shown up since.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back