Epson TW5300 vs Benq W1070

arun_chak

Friends,

I am new to projector but am seriously considering buying one. When I browsed through this forum, most of the posts gave positive feedback on Epson TW5300. However I didnt find much for Benq W1070. However in youtube it says that Benq fares better in terms of picture quality (Black levels, Color saturation etc.).
Also find that in Amazon.in the cost are almost similar. Please help provide your expert opinion.

Thanks,
Arun

Both are equally good - performance and price. I hate to confuse you even more :) But I personally preferred EPSON when I bought 6100 few years back.

You will need longer throw. You can calculate it at projectorcentral.com I think. Try atleast 11 to 12 feet distance to get a decently big image. I would also recommend to go for 5350 as it is already in the market, atleast I saw it in last years AV Show in Chennai

Hello Arun,

Is this for your theater room or for living/bedroom ?

Epson works great with ambient light. Benq is what I prefer to get colors. Also, W1070 is old discontinued model I believe. Go for W1090 or W1110.

Cheers !!!

Hello,

Epson 5300 is for around 75k

Benq W1110 is around 1 lakh

Benq W1090 is around 85k.

But compared to W1090 I would suggest you to go for 5300. Might have to compromise on the blacks. But good part is you're installing in living room. So thumbs up to Epson !!!

Friends,

The listing in Amazon for Epson EH TW5300 is Rs. 73600 which I feel is tad high. Somewhere I have seen in the forum that it was purchased for 69K. Can anyone help me with dealers in Chennai from whom I can purchase directly in a reasonable price?

Thanks...

I found a seller AVG Electricals on Ebay.in who has it for 70k.
Use ICICI or HDFC ebay code for a Rs. 5000 discount, getting you the TW5300 for 65k.

Edit: I just bought one, seller will provide a bill and Epson Warranty.
Codes: ICICIEBA09, HDFCEBAY09

Last edited:
I found a seller AVG Electricals on Ebay.in who has it for 70k.
Use ICICI or HDFC ebay code for a Rs. 5000 discount, getting you the TW5300 for 65k.

Edit: I just bought one, seller will provide a bill and Epson Warranty.
Codes: ICICIEBA09, HDFCEBAY09

Yes, I also did the same. Its surely a great deal. In Amazon it is still at 73K...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back