Escape Cinemas Projectors Placement

Subcenter2009

Dear friends,

I posted this info in another thread and I am sorry for posting the same again. However, I felt that it could make for interesting reading by itself so excuse me for starting a new thread.

This is about the projector placement in Escape cinemas, Chennai.

Vistors to Escape cinemas in the Express Avenue mall at Royapettah, Chennai need only look up while standing in the theater lounge to see the projectors mounted near the ceiling in the public area itself. They shine through a small window in the wall into the screening rooms. There seem to be no dedicated projection rooms. One noteable thing is that the projector cannot be accessed in the event of some emergency. So, maybe, I thought, the projectors don't require regular maintenance. Hence, I wonder if these exposed projectors could be in fact.. High Powered LED projectors.. Hence requiring minimum maintenance.

Can the respected members in the know kindly clarify on the type and model of the projectors being used there.. whether they are indeed LED units and the approximate cost of each. It will be appreciated and useful information as well.

By the way, the sound at Escape is the best I've experienced among all the movie halls in Chennai. So is the ambience.

Yours,
Subcenter2009

Last edited:
Qube is the digital servers. The projectors are Christie, I think.

Yes. As mentioned in the youtube video, The projectors are by Christie's of Canada. They are indeed powerful. But because the theater management has positioned the projectors in hard to reach places, I assumed that they require minimum maintanence. Hence I wonder whether they could be LED lit.
Subcenter 2009

Most of Christie's PJs are custom-made for professional/ commercial spaces. Their PJs are priced 20lakhs and upwards. And yes, they use xenon lamps and mostly dual-lamps and hence lesser maintenance needs.

In many a product cases the price is already extremely high then it should be.

In this case if the maintenance need is less, may end up as virtually no big deal.
:indifferent14:

V.

Most of Christie's PJs are custom-made for professional/ commercial spaces. Their PJs are priced 20lakhs and upwards. And yes, they use xenon lamps and mostly dual-lamps and hence lesser maintenance needs.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back