Excited to join the HiFi community.

jaydeepdate

My interest is stereo music. specifically analogue music. I was very fascinated by the company Cadence from Pune. When I had previewed their valve amp and hybrid electrostat speakers 15 yrs ago I was very impressed. At that time I did not have that kind of budget. Now I am looking for them but can't find any one dealing with them. Are they still making the system? Is it worth going for pre owned system? I can find a few on OLX?

My interest is stereo music. specifically analogue music. I was very fascinated by the company Cadence from Pune. When I had previewed their valve amp and hybrid electrostat speakers 15 yrs ago I was very impressed. At that time I did not have that kind of budget. Now I am looking for them but can't find any one dealing with them. Are they still making the system? Is it worth going for pre owned system? I can find a few on OLX?

Hi
they have stopped making speakers but make the amplifiers on make to order basis

welcome to hvf

Hi Jaydeep, buying on OLX is a bit of a hassle. We don’t know who we deal with. Take care .
Best wishes.

Welcome to the forum. Regarding buying from olx, my advice is to only buy from sellers in the same city as you so that you can physically inspect the goods before buying

My suggestion is for speakers used stuff also does a good job as they are passive units .
Other than olx you can alwo get good deals in for sale forum which are trustworthy products.
For amp my preference is to go for a new product.
By the what is your budget now and what kind of setup you are looking for ? 2.1/5.1

Welcome to HFV
Regarding buying on olx, quoting @efernand1 advice
There are many sellers on OLX....some are genuine Individual sellers and dealers too....others are resellers etc who will waste time, may be selling refurbish products or repaired ones.....you can spot these ads as they would have google images and not real photos..also the wording of the ads will tell you what kind of person is selling....

I won’t trust OLX for any high value transactions.

most of the responses are not genuine.

Many years back, when I didn’t know better, I had put a approx Rs. 1L headphone for sale on olx, people contacted me and offered to buy the headphone at 10K + Adidas sunglasses and 1 pair Nike shoes.

One person also wanted me to consider giving it for free as he was a budding DJ and it would help his career.

Back