Experience with Ooberpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

debo_eco

Hi, I am in the process of building my own 5.1 setup. Zeroed in on Denon 1600H and Elac cinema 5 for now. Selected ooberpad owing to their quote and seemingly impressive pre sales support. However, facing some early glitches and wondering if Ooberpad was the right choice. Speaker delivered as per committed time. However, AVR has not yet been shipped even after 4 "business" days of making full payment. Customer support desk is providing flimsy answers like shipped from Chennai but issues detected and hence shipping cancelled (non of these reflected in the online order page though)! I dont want to draw conclusions since the ooberpad setup looks quite legit, even the customer support staff has detailed linkedin profiles. Anyone faced similar issues in the past with ooberpad? Kindly let me know if these are common? My online experience so far had been restricted to croma.com/amazon/flipkart, so dont know what to expect.

Hi, I am in the process of building my own 5.1 setup. Zeroed in on Denon 1600H and Elac cinema 5 for now. Selected ooberpad owing to their quote and seemingly impressive pre sales support. However, facing some early glitches and wondering if Ooberpad was the right choice. Speaker delivered as per committed time. However, AVR has not yet been shipped even after 4 "business" days of making full payment. Customer support desk is providing flimsy answers like shipped from Chennai but issues detected and hence shipping cancelled (non of these reflected in the online order page though)! I dont want to draw conclusions since the ooberpad setup looks quite legit, even the customer support staff has detailed linkedin profiles. Anyone faced similar issues in the past with ooberpad? Kindly let me know if these are common? My online experience so far had been restricted to croma.com/amazon/flipkart, so dont know what to expect.
if you are in Mumbai, the best is to visit the dealers. They would offer a price much less than what is available online. You can check on Denon portal if ooberpad is an authorized online reseller or not. Warranty would be affected if you do not buy from right channels.

I also got my Denon 1600h delivered recently from ooberpad to Bangalore.. there was a delay in the initial shipping.. owing to stocks getting replenished.. but the customer care was always responsive. And I got my receiver delivered in around 10 days from the date of payment.

Generally ooberpad prices are on higher as compared to local dealers. So, if you want comfort of ordering from home then you can do it. Else visit local dealer for better prices and on spot purchases.

Ooberpad prices are on the higher side. For the Denon, you can try Hifimart if the model is available there. You can demo at Colaba if their showroom is open before buying.

Ooberpad is reliable and responsive but almost 5% costlier than most of dealers. You may attempt to call them and push for more discount. I have made many purchases from them and they are genuine.

if you are in Mumbai, the best is to visit the dealers. They would offer a price much less than what is available online. You can check on Denon portal if ooberpad is an authorized online reseller or not. Warranty would be affected if you do not buy from
if you are in Mumbai, the best is to visit the dealers. They would offer a price much less than what is available online. You can check on Denon portal if ooberpad is an authorized online reseller or not. Warranty would be affected if you do not buy from right channels.
Thank you for the information. I did negotiate quite a bit with ooberpad and a few other brick/mortar and ecomm vendors. Ooberpad offer was quite competitive and they claimed they had the AVR of my choice in stock (which i doubt now though).

I also got my Denon 1600h delivered recently from ooberpad to Bangalore.. there was a delay in the initial shipping.. owing to stocks getting replenished.. but the customer care was always responsive. And I got my receiver delivered in around 10 days from the date of payment.
Encouraging to know they delivered the AVR, albeit with a delay. In my case while customer support has been responsive, but their reasons for delay are a bit flimsy, which i find is a bit irritating. Ideally I would have expected them to come clean on the stock scene and managed my expectations around a delay.

Ooberpad is reliable and responsive but almost 5% costlier than most of dealers. You may attempt to call them and push for more discount. I have made many purchases from them and they are genuine.
Thank you for sharing your feedback on ooberpad. This helps! I too got a good commercial deal after I spoke to them. However became a bit sceptical with the delayed delivery issue.

If the specific model is not there on Hifimart or Ooberpad then you can try at Cinebells, Khar as they also keep Denon.
Thanks! Will explore these in the next round when i add atmos speakers. For now i have invested in ooberpad.

Encouraging to know they delivered the AVR, albeit with a delay. In my case while customer support has been responsive, but their reasons for delay are a bit flimsy, which i find is a bit irritating. Ideally I would have expected them to come clean on the stock scene and managed my expectations around a delay.
I think your doubt is correct. They did not have the stock and took the order. However they seem to be legit and should deliver the AVR in reasonable time. If you are not happy you can always cancel the order.
In my dealings with them I never found their quote to be competitive. They also don't provide the so called "discount" in writing , which is a big NO for me.

Just noticed vplak.com has denon x2700 on sale at attractive price. Nearly same as what ooberpad has listed for x1600. No experience with vplak.com though

I have physically visited ooberpad as well as hifimart. Ooberpad is genuine. But dealing with Anil (hifimart and hifivision's owner) is a pleasure. Also prices are usually better. Bought many items from him over the years. Highly recommended.

I have physically visited ooberpad as well as hifimart. Ooberpad is genuine. But dealing with Anil (hifimart and hifivision's owner) is a pleasure. Also prices are usually better. Bought many items from him over the years. Highly recommended.
Yes. I agree. Call Anil from hifimart and he usually provides better deals. Don't purchase from the price mentioned on the website. Always call for better pricing before ordering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back