Extension box with EMI/RFI filter

Ok so the lugs I have shared in the image are not snug fit. If you can see the image they are slightly loose. So I need to take it to the shop and buy lugs after trying them on.
If you can measure the dia of the stud get a close matched ring. If you don't get, use washer as suggested by @mbhangui and an additional locknut on top of the second nut.

If you can measure the dia of the stud get a close matched ring. If you don't get, use washer as suggested by @mbhangui and an additional locknut on top of the second nut.
The filter already comes with two washers in all the terminals.Please check the first image in the first post.

The filter already comes with two washers in all the terminals.Please check the first image in the first post.
The first nut and washer are the base for connecting. The second set on top of the lug will tighten it . The locknut will prevent the second nut from getting loose.

Put the ring between the washers, and use an additional locknut on top of it. So the order will be:

Body - Washer - Nut - Washer - Ring - Washer - Nut - Locknut

You can also use a little super glue or thread lock in place of the locknut.

Last edited:
Finished nd all set to go. Thanks all

Attachments

• C031ADCD-A8C2-4C74-982B-95EE4F8184EC.jpeg
    C031ADCD-A8C2-4C74-982B-95EE4F8184EC.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 98DA067E-0E86-4F21-85BA-F31B385833A8.jpeg
    98DA067E-0E86-4F21-85BA-F31B385833A8.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 1087B1E3-3AA1-4FBD-874E-DF879EC15803.jpeg
    1087B1E3-3AA1-4FBD-874E-DF879EC15803.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 0E317051-2327-4B77-852F-7C029D5F15B7.jpeg
    0E317051-2327-4B77-852F-7C029D5F15B7.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 0EB95975-3FC2-45BF-B24E-1C24717D35E7.jpeg
    0EB95975-3FC2-45BF-B24E-1C24717D35E7.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 68
Finished nd all set to go. Thanks all
Good job. You have saved yourself around Rs 20,000. Only one thing remains
Take 4 self locking cable ties. Tie cable tie wraps tightly, firmly inside and outside on both the black 3-core cables so that you limit the cable movement if someone tries to pull the cable out or push the cable in.
1664712205132.png

Last edited:
Good job. You have saved yourself around Rs 20,000.
Hahah yes. Was researching for a very long time and concluded none of the audiophile boxes are worth investing. Now paired with an isolation transformer I have got most of the things covered. All equipment’s are connected to belkin strip which comes with MOV based surge protection. Only voltage protection is missing. I am getting constant 240-255v and sometimes even goes all the way up to 267v. Good for nothing EB and my useless community. No matter how many times I tell them they are not bothered to raise a complaint.
Only one thing remains
Take 4 self locking cable ties. Tie cable tie wraps tightly, firmly inside and outside on both the black 3-core cables so that you limit the cable movement if someone tries to pull the cable out or push the cable in.
View attachment 72371
Sure will look in to this later. Box is at a corner and for sure it is isolated. Also good thing I was able to get a transparent top. This way I can monitor easily

Hahah yes. Was researching for a very long time and concluded none of the audiophile boxes are worth investing. Now paired with an isolation transformer I have got most of the things covered. All equipment’s are connected to belkin strip which comes with MOV based surge protection. Only voltage protection is missing. I am getting constant 240-255v and sometimes even goes all the way up to 267v. Good for nothing EB and my useless community. No matter how many times I tell them they are not bothered to raise a complaint.

Sure will look in to this later. Box is at a corner and for sure it is isolated. Also good thing I was able to get a transparent top. This way I can monitor easily
It is not for you. It is for playful kids and cats or the inquisitive ones who like to push-pull things around :D.

I made holes in the box such a way that the 3core sleeve can’t get in comfortably. At the inside if u noticed I used the sleeve part that was cut and used tape which blocks hole. This Way the cable stays intact and there is no movement

I made holes in the box such a way that the 3core sleeve can’t get in comfortably. At the inside if u noticed I used the sleeve part that was cut and used tape which blocks hole. This Way the cable stays intact and there is no movement
The cable sheath can get cut at the entry point to the box and eventually cut the insulation and cause short circuit. Having spent this much, get a couple of proper stuffing gland. Not very expensive.

Don't look at the postage etc. This link is to illustrate to you what I am talking about.

The cable sheath can get cut at the entry point to the box and eventually cut the insulation and cause short circuit. Having spent this much, get a couple of proper stuffing gland. Not very expensive.

Don't look at the postage etc. This link is to illustrate to you what I am talking about.
Yes. This is the same thing that Keith suggested above and quite cheap.

Will be a difficult task now. I will need to remove the wires and adjust the holes according to the gland. I have used electrical tape and did multiple windings to give a strong support. Hopefully it will be enough

I am building an extension board with 20A load EMI/RFI dual stage filter. Previously I did a 6A board and connection was easy with crimping. This 20A version has bolt type terminals. It has two bolts and two washers in between. Just wanted to run by members here on how to finish the connection. So the input has Line, Neutral and earth terminals. Output has only L-N. so I need to wind two wires and connect earth connections at both ends. For line and neutral should I wind the wires inbetween the washers and tighten the bolt? Please find the images of the product and terminals and advise

EMITECH ME-20SH18, 20A, Single Phase EMI/RFI/EMC Filter (for Frequencies between 100KHz - 30MHz) https://amzn.eu/d/26FWgAF
The earth also need to connect to the steel body of this filter.

The earth wire to the equipment has to be removed I think. If you see the circuit, the earth is not extended to the load. The load generated EMI should circulate in the filter on load side and EMI from other loads in the mains side and to earth. Now you have given a path for the currents to mix at the two capacitors connected between L and N of mains side to earth. In effect the filter circuit is now altered.

If the body of the filter does not have a terminal for earth don't connect it. Any leakage on mains side will only raise it's potential.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back