Faber vs Kutchina chimneys

haisaikat

Hi Everyone,
Its decision time once again and hence posting a debatable topic. My home kitchen is about to be renovated and I need to fix on electric chimney. My house is divided between kutchina and faber but I wanted your opinion to have more real experienced feedbacks and am open for all brands with good after sales service in Kolkata area.

The kitchen is 8x6 feet and witnesses some real oil rich Bengali cooking daily. Daily cook time is around 2 to 3 hours at most on weekdays and 5 to 6 hours on each of weekends. My budget is within 20K and I am looking for a durable product that has minimum maintainance hastles, so definitely autoclean ones are preferred but am open for other models if they are indeed worthy, Also annual AMC charges is something that would be also of very much help.

Thanks in Advance
Saikat

Saikatda,

Kutchina is good but I will go for Faber. I had bitter experience with Kutchina company products after-sales service. Their ASS people are not atall trained and they just recruit unemployed youths and show them how to service the products. One of my relatives Chimney developed problems after servicing. Even when I was in the Kutchina shop, I saw a disgruntled customer is venting anger against their aftersales people.
Go for Faber.

?????? ????? ???? ????? ???? ???? !!!

Saikatda,

Kutchina is good but I will go for Faber. I had bitter experience with Kutchina company products after-sales service. Their ASS people are not atall trained and they just recruit unemployed youths and show them how to service the products. One of my relatives Chimney developed problems after servicing. Even when I was in the Kutchina shop, I saw a disgruntled customer is venting anger against their aftersales people.
Go for Faber.

?????? ????? ???? ????? ???? ???? !!!

ha ha ha, you are correct.. on another thread I have been recommended Elektra chimneys. Now when I am about to rule out kutchina, this is another variable in the equation :)

I too have a Faber one for two years now and have not faced any issue with. As for ASS i'm not happy with Faber, they charge for cleaning even in warranty period.

I have a Faber chiminey that has not been used for a few years. Can someone here tell me around how much i should pay the guys for a complete cleaning and servicing please? This is so that I don't get ripped off like I did when I was repairing the geyser! Thanks.

Before you decide on either brand check out the noise level - preferably when the show room is quite. Some of them are really irritating. Also check the air throw capacity - though higher capacity is good it also increases noise levels.

anyone with first hand experience of Elektra chimneys? I submitted an enquiry in their online form today asking for the respective noise levels of their models.

anyone with first hand experience of Elektra chimneys? I submitted an enquiry in their online form today asking for the respective noise levels of their models.

If you wait for a day then I can tell you. I have Faber and my neighbor has Elektra. We have mirror image of house plan. I feel their Elektra is quieter than my Faber. Air through Faber SS baffle make noise and amplified into 4" PVC hose (we have total 4 bends and 8Ft in length) . Elektra has no baffle but uses air forced on wall to remove oil, so less obstacle to air. IMO hence less noise.

I have had a Faber chimney for last 7 years in Kolkata and the after sales service is pretty good. The chimney continues to do a good job.

Manoj

I have had a Faber chimney for last 7 years in Kolkata and the after sales service is pretty good. The chimney continues to do a good job.

Manoj

How much do you pay as AMC and what is covered in that? Does they charge anything separately?

Also anyone heard of Propello, another Mumbai based brand, heard they are very good too.

If you wait for a day then I can tell you. I have Faber and my neighbor has Elektra. We have mirror image of house plan. I feel their Elektra is quieter than my Faber. Air through Faber SS baffle make noise and amplified into 4" PVC hose (we have total 4 bends and 8Ft in length) . Elektra has no baffle but uses air forced on wall to remove oil, so less obstacle to air. IMO hence less noise.

I will wait for your response no problem. I have also logged an online request in Elektra website about their kolkata operatio0n

I did not go for the AMC and it has worked for us. We also have the stove. We had to call the technician few times and they were prompt and addressed the issues. (U have to pay the standard visiting charges).

Manoj

I will wait for your response no problem. I have also logged an online request in Elektra website about their kolkata operatio0n

Okay so it's clear, Elektra has more suction, more fast motor and more noise. Faber's motor-fan is internally hidden, Elektra's motor-fan are just bang near opening. That may be another factor. Also neighbours Elektra is non hose type while our Faber is hosed.
Please take your call.

Saikat,
Faber is a good brand and their SS baffle is effective, easy to clean. We clean the baffles every Sunday. The inside fan and motor housing does not have any trace of oil or stickiness even after using the chimney for about 6 months. We being Bengali, use sufficient oil and fried stuff and the SS baffle of three layers traps the oil nicely. Please use 6 inch pipe in the exhaust and try to keep the no. of bend to only one, which I have done. It improves the suction and flow.
Happy cooking.

After 8 years, our Faber has motor and fan coated with >5mm thick oil layer which ASS guys don't clean as part of AMC. That's why motor starts slowly and stops after heating. AMC guys. Just clean accessible parts and SS filter which anyways we do regularly.

After 8 years, our Faber has motor and fan coated with >5mm thick oil layer which ASS guys don't clean as part of AMC. That's why motor starts slowly and stops after heating. AMC guys. Just clean accessible parts and SS filter which anyways we do regularly.

So what you are saying is this cannot be cleaned regularly even by AMC guys and there is no way to protect this from happening by regular cleaning? Also still no replies from Elektra company in response to my online query and their advertised number on site is not working. Seems faber is still the option to go for.

Saikat,
Faber is a good brand and their SS baffle is effective, easy to clean. We clean the baffles every Sunday. The inside fan and motor housing does not have any trace of oil or stickiness even after using the chimney for about 6 months. We being Bengali, use sufficient oil and fried stuff and the SS baffle of three layers traps the oil nicely. Please use 6 inch pipe in the exhaust and try to keep the no. of bend to only one, which I have done. It improves the suction and flow.
Happy cooking.

Amit dada,,, is there an option to clean the motor inside to resolve omishra-s problem mentioned over this thread?

I have also been suggested this brand oil collector chimneys - auto clean kitchen chimney in kolkata - baffle filter chimneys- high suction chimneys - kitchen chimney in orissa - kitchen chimney in guwahati by local stores.

By the way how much faber charges as AMC,anyone?

Kutchina - pure ugly.. may be good from the perspective of lesser number of cleaning required (for few models)

Faber- I have used in my previous home (now rented out), was really good and noise is not something which is bad (900 ss Glassy or something like that). Lookwise is also really good.

Hindware - currently I am using a Hindware one, bacause we liked the design at the showroom and the sales guy also told that it is as good as Faber. But it is a noise beast. Though functionality-wise it is fine, but the noise is unbearable. You can't hear anything if you are closer to the chimney, even if someone is shouting for you. Sooner or later I will have to replace the same. So don't touch Hindware.

Regarding cleaning, I think for most, 2/3 weeks time is good enough . Normally you can notice light oil droplet type under the baffle filter, when you shall wash it clean with detergent etc (I normally keep it in water overnight for easy cleaning by maid next day morning).

So my vote goes for Faber.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back