Favourite speakers under INR 20k

Hi Friends,

My Acoustic Portrait Book Shelf speakers sounds best to me, its been more than 3 yrs i guess and our love has grown day by day

Regards

Tanoj

Hello friends,
Just purchased a Yamaha 677 with q acoustics 2010i as fronts & 2000i centre. Need suggestions from fellow members regarding the surround speakers. Only need wall mountable compact bookshelves within 10-12k if possible. 2010i as surrounds will be a bit expensive. Thanks in advance..

I am getting Pioneer BS22 bookshelf pair.. any suggestions or alternative to this speakr set?. I am using Denon 1610 AVR.

I own the BS22. Got it from Hifiads for 10K. Like it quite a lot. It tooks some time to break in and it requires a good powered amp as nominal impedance is 6 ohm.

Where can i get Pioneer SP-PK52FS (5.1 ch Andrew Jones) HT in Bangalore?? If not can i go for separates? and what AVR would go well with it?

ok, got Pioneer FS-52 also.
Now running FS-52, C-22, BS-22 + Onkyo sub; great movie experience :yahoo:
Thank you Pioneer, Andrew Jones, and forum members! Have a great year ahead!

Hi Noblejose,

I checked AvenueSound. Below are the prices listed there after discount for separates:
SP-FS52 - Rs 11,500
SP-BS22 - Rs 12,500
SP-C22 - Rs 11,000
SW-8MK2 -Rs 13,500
----------------------
Total - Rs 48,500

But the whole package of 5.1 sold separately on their website costs Rs 52,000.

Any idea if i'll be missing something if i go for separates with them when compared to whole package?

Also, as per my understanding, avenuesound imports from US, so, will i need a step-down transformer?

Are the BS, FS & C speakers active or passive?? do they need separate power source like Sub?

I guess the price for SP-FS52 is for a single piece. I will be surprised to get a pair of FS @ that price point.

Except sub all other speakers will need a amplifier.

I shall be visiting all the Pioneer dealer in Bangalore this weekend to audition Pioneer SP-PK52BS or the separates for the 5.1 if can't find the whole package in one place. :D

What receiver would pair well with this package? My potential usage will be 60% movies/tatasky & 40% music. My basic requirement is to get the best sound out of the package. :eek:hyeah: Wi-fi &/or bluetooth would be good to have but not necessary. Should have atleast 3 HDMI ports & 1 USB port. Zone 2 or 7.1 support not required if available at a meagre price difference, it won't hurt. ;)

Even before all this, i first have to convince my wifey as she has baselined just one condition - the speakers should be compact and no Floor Stands... :D:D

Last edited:
The 5.1 package was available on snapdeal for ~ 40K. local pioneer dealers should be able to match that.

This baseline will help me negotiate a good deal. Thanks Amol.:)

After checking the deal on snapdeal i figured that sub is different from the original package. It's S-51W instead of SW-8MK2. Wondering which one's better.

Last edited:
I shall be visiting all the Pioneer dealer in Bangalore this weekend to audition Pioneer SP-PK52BS or the separates for the 5.1 if can't find the whole package in one place. :D

What receiver would pair well with this package? My potential usage will be 60% movies/tatasky & 40% music. My basic requirement is to get the best sound out of the package. :eek:hyeah: Wi-fi &/or bluetooth would be good to have but not necessary. Should have atleast 3 HDMI ports & 1 USB port. Zone 2 or 7.1 support not required if available at a meagre price difference, it won't hurt. ;)

Even before all this, i first have to convince my wifey as she has baselined just one condition - the speakers should be compact and no Floor Stands... :D:D
Would recommend Boston acoustics a2310+denon x510bt. Since music is important but more bias towards movies. Denon pairs well with Boston. Pioneer would be good enough too but since floorstanders may be a problem I was suggesting this package

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back