Favourite speakers under INR 20k

Team,

I joined today please suggest Floor Standing preferably 3-way for a pair under INR20k. I listen mainly on vinyl and tape.

Team,

I joined today please suggest Floor Standing preferably 3-way for a pair under INR20k. I listen mainly on vinyl and tape.
Unfortunately there aren't many branded 3-way floorstanding speakers to be found under 20k
The closest is Sonodyne Sonus 2605, at about 22k (Sonodyne usually gives 26% discount on Republic Day)

Or you can look at pre-owned speakers

hi guys, im new to the hi-fi sound setup so yesterday i went around and auditioned energy cb 10 and elac bs53.2 with a onkyo 555 amp. I have to say i was impressed with the sound quality. the energy had a tight bass and deep thump to it whereas the bs53.2 was a little on the neutral side.

im planning to pick up a pair under 20k this is my list id appreciate if you could add something to it something which i can find in delhi:

1. elac bs53.2 @ 18k
2. energy c10 @ 18k
3. dali lektor 1 ( is this under 20k ? )
4. boston acoustics a25 / a26 if i can find it somewhere
5. q audio 2020i
6. m audio av30

also im looking for a good inexpensive integrated amp so far ive narrowed in on :

onkyo a 9050 was quoted around 22k
triple inverted darlington circuitry
wolfson dac.

im not looking for any specific amp setup, if i can connect it with my pc or any device with a 3.5mm jack im fine with it. (should we use optical output or rca cables?) sorry im a noob at this
For Onkyo, ELAC and energy brands you may contact Mr Sanjeev Arora of onkyo wonderland CR Park, delhi. His contact no is 098-11-176789. Don't forget to bargain hard. He generally gives 15% discount on MRP. Additionally you may ask for Demo piece also for which you may get hefty discount.

I would like to upgrade front speakers for my Onkyo HT-S3400 entry level HTiB. I came across Pioneer Andrew Jones designed SPBS 22 LR Bookshelf speakers under 10K. is that a good deal? will these speakers perform better than my onkyo supplied fronts?

HTiB model No: HT-S3400
Receiver: HT-R390
existing front speakers (going to be replaced): SKF-390 L/R
may be I'll put these front speakers to my surrounds as those were bit smaller model SKR-390 L/R - is that a good idea?

I believe this upgrade with pioneer bookshelf will help me to get a better music experience and improve movie. :confused:

note:- I don't have more than 15K budget as of now; and most probably these entire system will get replaced once I get a chance to build my next HT. Comments/ suggestions please.

Last edited:
Ok, I have bought a pair of Pioneer BS 22 LR; the bookshelfs for 9K :yahoo:
Very good performance with my entry level onkyo AVR. Just replaced my onkyo supplied small fronts with these - huge improvement in sound quality - especially in music. :cool:
Already started thinking for FS and matching center :) ;)

congrats. I got for 9.5 a month ago. Where did you buy @ bangalore ?

Hi Murlidher,
I"ve bought it from The Home Theatre Store, JP Nagar, Bangalore.

Seeing you have entire Andrew Jones series, how is the performance of Floor standers and centre? I'm planning to add FS and Center from same series.. I hope those will come within 30K budget. Also heard SONODYNE SONUS 2605 V3 floor stander + their center; MRP is around 42 but heard they give 26% (yes 26%) discount on Republic Day! which one will be better? :confused: I'm planning to keep my BS-22 for Surrounds in both situation.

I too considered YHT-299 but got a used Onkyo HT-S3400 at bargain, so went with that.

ok, got Pioneer FS-52 also.
Now running FS-52, C-22, BS-22 + Onkyo sub; great movie experience :yahoo:
Thank you Pioneer, Andrew Jones, and forum members! Have a great year ahead!

This thread is only marginally related to my potential purchase in the future (but yes I am hoping to find it useful), but it would be interested to know what people's views are on their personal favourite pair of speakers available for Rs. 20,000 or less.

I know that this is subjective and it "depends on the type of music" and that's why i've said "favourite" and not "best", what I'd like to know is what people's personal favourite speakers are from the lot that they have heard. Purely subjective opinions, and not as a guide for me or anything.

So from all the speakers that you've heard that cost about or less than 20k a pair, which ones have you liked the most? The Tannoy Mercury F1? the Monitor Audio BR2? the Wharfedale 9.2? The Mission M34i ? The PSB Alpha B1? the Audioengine 5?

My favourite speaker is M Audio BX5 D2 that i am using with schiit Modi DAC,they are incredibly neutral with wide soundstage,bass is the only weak point of the speaker but it's still punchy enough for my taste.For 16k it was a steal for me.

ok, got Pioneer FS-52 also.
Now running FS-52, C-22, BS-22 + Onkyo sub; great movie experience :yahoo:
Thank you Pioneer, Andrew Jones, and forum members! Have a great year ahead!

Hi, Congrats :clapping: and its nice to hear good sound experience from Andrew Jones speakers. I saw your earlier post about BS-22 also. Could you inform the price that you have paid for the FS-52 and C-22 please! I am also from JP Nagar, Bangalore and looking forward to get these speakers to replace my Onkyo HTS-3500 fronts either with FS or BS.

Thanks.

Hi, Congrats :clapping: and its nice to hear good sound experience from Andrew Jones speakers. I saw your earlier post about BS-22 also. Could you inform the price that you have paid for the FS-52 and C-22 please! I am also from JP Nagar, Bangalore and looking forward to get these speakers to replace my Onkyo HTS-3500 fronts either with FS or BS.

Thanks.

Hi,
FS-52 was 20K and C-22 was around 9K; I took it around year end sale, so you may have to pay bit extra as they listed in their website.
Shop: the home theater store, JP Nagar.

I would suggest to go with FS-52 + C-22 for fronts and use your existing Onkyo sub and surrounds until you upgrade to a better AVR.

FS are true 3-way system and music and 2 channel audio is very good in FS comparing to BS.
-noble

Hi,
FS-52 was 20K and C-22 was around 9K; I took it around year end sale, so you may have to pay bit extra as they listed in their website.
Shop: the home theater store, JP Nagar.

I would suggest to go with FS-52 + C-22 for fronts and use your existing Onkyo sub and surrounds until you upgrade to a better AVR.

FS are true 3-way system and music and 2 channel audio is very good in FS comparing to BS.
-noble

Can anyone let me know how "Audio Proc Avanto 5.0" stands against Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers. Reviews are quite impressive for both. Among Avanto 5.0 feels more upmarket and with great build and seems like a good deal at this price point compared to Pricing at US & Uk sites. Only down side (not really) is we have very less choices for 4 Ohm receivers.

Audiopro Avanto 5.0 Black: Amazon.in: Electronics

Just because the speakers are 4 ohms doesn't limit your recover choice

All receivers will drive 4 ohms
Just at a differnt power level than it will try an 8 ohm

Unfortunately there aren't many branded 3-way floorstanding speakers to be found under 20k
The closest is Sonodyne Sonus 2605, at about 22k (Sonodyne usually gives 26% discount on Republic Day)

Or you can look at pre-owned speakers

Sir
A 3 way floorstander at 20 will ....well play
Movies
That too not too well

What do you get for 20k
He'll the cab will cost 12 k to make
Shipping will cost 2-3k from wherever its made
If profits account for the rest
Just think about what you're reselling getting

Today 20k is well a budget that will not get you any decent floor standing stuff

A 25 k bookshelf is a far better investment for udio

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back