Favourite speakers under INR 20k

Hello,
I am new here and have been reading quite a lot here, on reddit and on head-fi about budget options available when it comes to bookshelf speakers+amp or powered speakers or even floorstanders.

Could somebody recommend me what should I get for max upto 20,000 INR for full setup...I mean if amp is required then amp+speaker.
It will mostly be used for music i.e. Indian classical, classical, classical crossovers, ambient, avant grade, neo-classical, trip-hop, soundtracks and pop orchestra.

So the most important aspect of the speakers should be sultry seductive mid-range and good soundstaging and imaging....I also look for details but it should not be ear-scratching sibilant details.
deep low end is not an issue if I wont find base suited to my need i will add a sub later on in future although I am more of a midrange-soundstage-imaging whore than a good-thumping-window-pane-shaking-bass whore.
please do reply i am really confused :sad:

Does used speakers count?..then Monitor audio M2 and Monitor Audio radius r90,the later is amazing and i prefer it over M2 which is triple the size.

I prefer Mission M34i , simply because they are very good in Hi and Mid frequencies. Even the lows are good for the money you pay. The build quality is good too.

I agree with you,.,that's my favorite too.:eek:hyeah:

o.png

o.png

o.png

Any idea about Monitor Audio BX2 price and where can I find it in Delhi?
Also suggest the retail price of QA 2020i and wharfedale 220. These both are more than 23K at hifimart. Can I get it cheaper somewhere in Delhi?

I had a chance to meet the guy from Sanen Acoustics. Their Ex-2 and Ex-4 (out of stock) are currently available on amazon.
Heard the EX-2 at his home, to me they sounded very well balanced and sweet. Although they lacked a bit in detail. However at 7K you'd be hard pressed to find anything like it; at least here in India. Their closest competitors should be the monoprice two-way speakers (don't remember the model number), however I don't think you get any warranty on those here.
I'll be doing a detailed review on Sanen and their complete range of products pretty soon.

I was about to buy.You also get 15% OFF on hifimart.
They looked bad to me..one of the reason why I didn't buy it.
They have some decent reviews on German/polish sites.
Thanks 20kHz.

If someone has auditioned these Taga Harmony speakers, please post your valuable comments here. It will help me and all of us to get an idea about the quality and potential of these speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Wharfedale 220s are a really good pair of speakers. But it is best to audition them . What amp or setup do you have?

Recently listened to Energy CB5 and yes its much better sounding speaker for price.It may not go deep,but I liked them more than CA S30.Warm and detailed sound.Natural vocals.
Good imaging and depth.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back