Few suggestions for the forum.

Hiten

Hello everyone,
Lately (due to summer heat :p) our Comrade HiFiVians are little hot under collar. So putting forward some suggestions so forum can run smoothly. I see in other forums whenever some hot arguments takes place (1) the thread is closed for some days till the things cool down. (2) if some member is agitated (Understandable since this hobby is such :D) The member is respectfully 'sinbinned' for few days till he/she recovers (hee hee).

so I was wondering if such steps can be taken here also.
Also request other members to post their positive suggesions. And let the forum acquire new heights.
Warm regards.
Hiten

As long as members are not breaking any forum ethics I see no reason whatsoever to close a thread. Even then the specific member can be chastised , warned without resorting to thread closure.

I am not suggesting of closing of thread. the thread can be closed for few days. I have seen arguments get out of control or other things. If given time things settle down, members contemplate on what they are posting and thread can be started again. I have seen this thing works in other forums.

Better to leave it in the hands of the moderators only , no ? That’s their job to take the call.
What you are suggesting doesn’t seem to me as fair moderation.
I’ve seen instances when they have taken steps to lock threads so this is not something new.

Thanks for the suggestions. "the thread" , if i get the drift was only kept open so the OP be given a chance to respond if he choses considering the hype it generated

That thread and the discussions were neither in the right taste nor ethos/spirit of the forum hence deleted.

Any other suggestions other than that One-off thread are continued to be welcome :)

Ofcourse thats what I am saying. Mods can decide to close the thread for few days. I have not seen such method here so was suggesting the same.
Crux of what I am saying is if given time things cool down.

Thanks for the suggestions. "the thread" , if i get the drift was only kept open so the OP be given a chance to respond if he choses considering the hype it generated

That thread and the discussions were neither in the right taste nor ethos/spirit of the forum hence deleted.

Any other suggestions other than that One-off thread are continued to be welcome :)
Perhaps the "thread" could have been locked for replies too. So that whenever that member posts something, anything going through his posts can see his history and what was done by him previously. Unless you plan on perma-banning the member.

Currently what has happened is that member has a clean track record.

Apart from this I believe this forum is a wonderful place for newbies like me, though I came across another topic citing partiality by mods in another topic but I've never had such an issue.

True.. usually we do send a 1:1 warning for any infarction and mostly members comply

"the thread" , if i get the drift was only kept open so the OP be given a chance to respond if he choses considering the hype it generated
aaaree bhai nahi.. Solid confusion. I am not talking about any particular thread. I was generally talking about all threads because of controversies about 'Giveaway and tannoy thread'.
I have not read the particular thread that you are saying. You can check my viewing history as lots of forum marks the thread read by members.
Best regards.
PS : I am perfectly OK with any of my posts or threads are deleted as it has happened in the past. I dont even expect the intimation as I dont want to bother mods.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back