Fiio M5 issue

Rud31

I bought Fiio M5 from Amazon and got it today. Came with Firmware version 1.2.2 and I updated it to 1.3.2
Now I'm facing couple of issues here and I suspect they are due to recent firmware update:
1. File/Track update operation crashes as soon as it reaches number 85
2. Now playing section shows no file, have to navigate to file/folder viewer to goto folder and play music
3. Thus no listing available Artist wise or album wise
4. Date still in 24hour format even after selecting the 12 hour option(something which the recent update explicitly mentions to have fixed)

Any M5 user here who faced such issues in past or now, please share it here.

I don't own one. Please allow me to remind you some basic checks for any such gadget FW upgrade.

1. Did it work fine before you upgraded FW? If so look for a possibility to downgrade to 1.2.2.
2. What ever be FW upgrade/downgrade, try to start clean by doing factory reset. User guide should have mention about factory reset. Follow these and restart. There is a good chance of getting most of the issues fixed.

The Fiio Daps especially the M5/M6/M9 are known to be buggy. They keep releasing new versions of their products every year or so and dont bother to fix bugs/provide updates on the older version. I had a Fiio X5 III , sounded nice but was sluggish and buggy like anything.

I returned the M5 and got another one. Didn't update the software yet the issue popped up. Formatted the SD card again, transferred files, still the same. So did the firmware update. Still the same. Eventually found out that one particular song was what was causing it, why I don't know but deleting it seems to have fixed it. So it's working fine now.
The SD card I'm using is a San Disk 64GB one, ordered it along with M5 itself.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back