Final cost of this driver?

Whats the application for that driver?
The reason why I ask is that if you can relax the requirement of 22mm Xmax of Dayton then there are a plethora of options in the pro audio market. You have 18", 21" and even 24" driver I believe.

If its for home use then you could get 2 15" sub drivers at far lesser price and a lot of savings in amp power and power supply for the same SPL. There is atleast 6dB of sensitivity difference which translates into 1/4th the needed power. Thats a lot of saving. And it will shake the house's foundation :)

Whats the application for that driver?
The reason why I ask is that if you can relax the requirement of 22mm Xmax of Dayton then there are a plethora of options in the pro audio market. You have 18", 21" and even 24" driver I believe.

If its for home use then you could get 2 15" sub drivers at far lesser price and a lot of savings in amp power and power supply for the same SPL. There is atleast 6dB of sensitivity difference which translates into 1/4th the needed power. Thats a lot of saving. And it will shake the house's foundation :)
I have seen many guys on avsforum talking about bass below 15hz.
They use multiple sealed subs.
I plan to have at least 2 subs in my room.
And diy is the only route I can afford.
Btw.. can you name the drivers you are talking about (15 and 18 inch ones)
Thank you

For imports the general rule is cost plus freight and add 20% over it and then 30-35% duty.

For amps it turns out 40% over cost plus freight. (Insurance too if included).
I got confused.
Example Dayton ultimax 18 cost 325$ .
What will be the approximate final cost?

I got confused.
Example Dayton ultimax 18 cost 325$ .
What will be the approximate final cost?
You can check the final price on partsexpress.com
Just log in there and add your address to get final quotes.

2. Landing value calculated by customs = Add 20% to invoice value. That is 1.2 times CIF
I did not understand the logic behind this. Why add 20% to the cost.
Also customs should be calculated on base price of the item without including the shipping.

Ok here to be precise:

1. Invoice value of item imported to India= Cost + Freight + insurance (CIF)

2. Landing value calculated by customs = Add 20% to invoice value. That is 1.2 times CIF

3. Duty calculated over No 2:

IGST plus BCD = 27 %

Total Expense = 2 + 3

Means Ownership cost = 1.2 CIF plus 27% of 1.2 CIF

So $325 plus freight plus insurance and apply above.

I hope this helps. The 18” DA will weigh a ton and cost a ton in transport and then duty over it. Bad choice ! Go for PA drivers available in India. Use two 15” instead of one 18”. You will have one sub for each channel = sonic bliss.

Above calculation is for audio amps imported in India, drivers / speakers is same too. May be 5% less but no more. But method remains the same.
I'm seeing all this for first time. I'll totally confused.
Can you calculate final cost for me?
Sorry for being such a novice.

Thanks

Sure but you need to tell me the freight to your address. Much depends on the courier too. Post Office Express Mail is cheaper but Fedex could also be cheaper.
Calculate the landing price to your address. Cheapest option..
Approx pricing will do the job.

That’s great enough ! I don’t know what’s the bass driver size on your speaker but reinventing it on a larger driver would be another experience.
Hi yogibear... Good to see you active again...:D:D

This is something I understood lately...
Same frequencies may sound different to our ears when they are produced by different size drivers.

For example, frequencies around 60hz produced by a 6" driver may sound a lot different to the same produced by a 15" driver.

Is my understanding correct ???

I'm Having genelec 7060b at present
19hz +/-3db

The spec says -6dB not -3dB. Also with a 10" driver, that spec is of no use. Peak in room SPL is not mentioned. The datasheet has graphs that show the SPL at around 82dB.

A DIY setup with pro audio drivers will loaf at that SPL and exceed it by a wide margin when called for. Bone crushing bass that is.

I believe P Audio, Ahuja, Audiotone etc are in every city.
The absence of proper T/S spec should not discourage from trying these. Just measure
I went to Ahuja showroom, and they said Ahuja doesn't have any drivers for subwoofer duty..... :rolleyes:

Ask Parts Express for a shipping quote and I can give you an idea of your landing cost.
Partsexpress.com gives a quote inclusive of custom duty and taxes. Just like amazon global. So once you make the online payment you won't have to pay for anything else. Just as I said earlier
You can check the final price on partsexpress.com
Just log in there and add your address to get final quotes.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back