Final Step to My Audio Setup

TaureanBull

Hi Guys,
Now the time has come to finish my AV setup. I started my journey by reading, surveying and taking opinions. I built up my setup from input then amp and finally now I need to buy speakers.

Prefernces : This one is 100% music setup.
Music : Rock, pop and soul. Of course hindi music too. I love a tight punchy bass. Sounds of the drum and guitar appeal more to my ears.
Input : Thorens TD 125 Mk II+SME tonearm+AT 440Mla to play my limited LP collection. SB Touch for my ONLY FLAC digital collection and its internet radio.
Amp : Marantz PM 6003 (MM jacks for TT).
Budget : 40k.
Preferences : Delhi buy.
Type : FS or BS. I prefer FS as somehow I am of the opinion that FS covers the entire frequency range better. I may be wrong. Secondly, for a BS to match the performance of FS you have to spend as much as FS.
Timeframe : I intend to discuss here as of now. I will audition and purchase the speakers in end June.

I love a tight punchy bass. Sounds of the drum and guitar appeal more to my ears.

Hi,

This may sound odd,but listen to the Lyrita Audio Amity speakers with your amp.

You might be pleasantly surprised.

Loudspeakers

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Guys,

Secondly, for a BS to match the performance of FS you have to spend as much as FS.

actaully its quite the opposite
a 40k bookshelf will most probably better even an 70k floorstander
BUt as everyone knows let your ears be the judge

for 40k ( considering your an anlogue guy- judging from your tt source - and want more emotion than detail )
i would consider any of these according to listening preferences
ATC SCM7 (this and the Epos are one of my fav speakers in this budget currently)
monitor audio RS1
Epos M12i
KEF q 300
DEF TECH studio monitor 350

Last edited:
I would also second Rajiv having heard them for an extended session but with tubes

There are too many options for 40 K, but if you are willing to wait..wait for something used coming up.. you will get the most Bang for the Buck that way.

any like Monitor Audio, Proac, B&W etc should do well used. for New Epos is a great speaker.

ideally sell your amp and get a good Amp+speaker combo and go with a higher budget ;) maybe something like an Odyssey Kismet + Virens Phon Pre + any speaker.

as another audiophile told me and i learnt the hard way..better to do a 1 time suffering and get the best you can now rather than bleed in multiple upgrades.

your TT may just need a lot more.

Hey guys I am overwhelmed with the response I got here. Thanks a lot.

Firstly, Guys no used ones. I somehow dont like it. In any case the options would be very limited as I would have to wait the either I go for blind purchase or go somewhere out of Delhi to audition.

@arj : My AMP is brand new! And can you explain "your TT may just need a lot more". Did not get you on this.

Lyrita and KEF 300 noted in the list.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back