Finally a Dedicated Media Room

SrikanthYadav

Hello Guys,

Its been 14 years since i got first interested in Home theater stuff. Finally for the first time i am able to setup a dedicated media room to enjoy movies, gaming etc. This is initial stage, so this could be a long thread in coming days. Want to share my journey with you all. So here we go.

Dolby Atmos speakers wiring is done inside false ceiling as seen in video ( g). And the window will be covered with thick black curtain from edge to edge of wall to stop light passing inside. So from the wall with 10 inches distance a custom made TV cabinet will be placed for placing the center channel and other AV equipment stuff. And book shelf speakers will be placed left and right to edge of wall.

Here is my AV gear :

Subwoofer :- SVS PB-1000 (one sub as of now)
Front Left and Right Speakers :- KEF Q350
Center Speaker :- KEF Q650C
Left and Right Surround Speaker :- KEF Q50A
Atmos/DTS X inceiling Speakers :- Polk RC60i
AVR :- Denon X2600H
TV :- LG C9 65 inch OLED decided as of now. Will buy in november if available else Sony OLED.

Room Dimensions :- 9.6 Ft wide, 14.6 Ft length. So seating distance will be atleast 8 feet from TV.
Room floor carpet :- Brown color.
Acoustic panels yet to decide.

Note:- Room may complete by end of December or early.

Thanks. :)

Hello Guys,

Its been 14 years since i got first interested in Home theater stuff. Finally for the first time i am able to setup a dedicated media room to enjoy movies, gaming etc. This is initial stage, so this could be a long thread in coming days. Want to share my journey with you all. So here we go.

Dolby Atmos speakers wiring is done inside false ceiling as seen in video ( g). And the window will be covered with thick black curtain from edge to edge of wall to stop light passing inside. So from the wall with 10 inches distance a custom made TV cabinet will be placed for placing the center channel and other AV equipment stuff. And book shelf speakers will be placed left and right to edge of wall.

Here is my AV gear :

TV :- LG C9 65 inch OLED decided as of now. Will buy in november if available else Sony OLED.

Room Dimensions :- 9.6 Ft wide, 14.6 Ft length. So seating distance will be atleast 8 feet from TV.

C9 will cost 1.8L-1.9L. Yes oled is stunning and is the best in terms of PQ but a dedicated room so I would recommend a projector over TV.

Great Going. A few suggestions,

1. Since you are in the planning stage, check out the amroc calculator for room modes, so you know where you are possibly going to face issues.

2.As suggested, a large screen 120 or even 128 inch is feasible in this room so will give a great experience. My room is almost the same size and I have a 124 inch screen.

3. Black Curtains are good, but check if they are out of Blackout type, it will ensure better light absorption. If possible, dont have windows :)

4. Budget for recliners (you will spend a lot of time in here :)) Also, have a false ceiling with acoustic tiles, as it will be easier to put the wiring as well as atmos ceiling speakers and in case, its needed even absorption.

5. If you have options to decide, make sure the cabinet is not enclosed and if possibly not in line of sight, to prevent those lights in a fully dark room. If possible, check the option of an IR extender and moving them outside the room.

Hello Guys,

Here is my AV gear :

Thats a fantastic setup! I’ve never heard the 650c but considering its size, it should be one heck of a center channel. Should be able to produce the cacophony of big ticket scenes in movies where most smaller center channels run out of breath.

Thats a fantastic setup! I’ve never heard the 650c but considering its size, it should be one heck of a center channel. Should be able to produce the cacophony of big ticket scenes in movies where most smaller center channels run out of breath.
It has one 6.5 inch mid range driver, one bass driver and one radiator.

Which is? I am also planning such a room in the next couple of years and will be using a projector for sure.
Means building a wooden frame with black cloth covered completely around all sides of screen which is not possible for me right now, because Split AC will be at top of wall which can interfere with screen. Also seating distance will be an issue in that room, if i go with huge screen. There are limitations. When i move to new house will go for projector.

It has one 6.5 inch mid range driver, one bass driver and one radiator.
Sigh! I was in quite the quandry while selecting a center channel recently. I have the KEF Q350s, Evo 4.2s and Quad S5s and though I absolutely love the KEF Q350 to bits, they aren’t very aesthetically pleasing and considering the similar design of the 650c, my vote went to the Evo 4.c. The evo 4.2s are handsome speakers and would have looked great with the equally beautiful 4.c. I wasn’t even considering quad centers as the SC only has a 4 inch driver. However, while searching for the 4.c on hifimart (4.CS wasn’t even an option as it has 5.25 inch drivers), i happened to stumble upon the SC-2. Happened to be priced just right and was available in the fabulous sapele mahogany finish plus the Evo 4.c had a waiting time of 4 months so took the plunge with the SC-2. Still interested in both the 650c and Evo 4.c though.

Last edited:
Hey there, quick question
Hello Guys,

Here is my AV gear :

Awesome! Quick question though, you mentioned KEF Q50A as surrounds - aren’t these the Atmos modules? Any thoughts on how you plan to have them installed ?

Hey there, quick question

Awesome! Quick question though, you mentioned KEF Q50A as surrounds - aren’t these the Atmos modules? Any thoughts on how you plan to have them installed ?
Yes they are atmos modules, but i want to use them as surrounds. For atmos i am using circular ceiling speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back