Finally a Dedicated Media Room

Should check this deepavali, right now LG C9 in mind sure. If that is not available, next best would be Sony. Only OLED.
A projector will be around the same price, if not cheaper.

For me, a 65 incher is good for bedroom but not for a dedicated media room. I have 65C9 and it feels kinda small from 11 feet viewing distance. I am planning a dedicated room in a couple of years and it will be a projector for sure.

A projector will be around the same price, if not cheaper.

For me, a 65 incher is good for bedroom but not for a dedicated media room. I have 65C9 and it feels kinda small from 11 feet viewing distance. I am planning a dedicated room in a couple of years and it will be a projector for sure.
From 11 feet yes it looks small, but for me it is 7-8 only not more than that. Ya go for projector if you plan a dedicated room, but if you are sure, then make sure contact custom home theater installers. Dont do it yourself.

From 11 feet yes it looks small, but for me it is 7-8 only not more than that. Ya go for projector if you plan a dedicated room, but if you are sure, then make sure contact custom home theater installers. Dont do it yourself.
Cusotm installers for what exactly? I will probably be going for a Laser UST projector, so it will be sitting on the console below the screen. Will be using professional help with the wiring and other heavy stuff.

My two cents, these days all the AV equipments comes with built-in voltage regulator and typically works between 110-300v. So, one doesn't need stabilizer anyone. However, during the power cut, the mains generate dirty spike/surge. These are harmful for any kind of electronic equipments. So, it is better to get some kind of power conditioner preferably an Online UPS. This way you always the get cleanest power supply for your precious AV equipments.

My two cents, these days all the AV equipments comes with built-in voltage regulator and typically works between 110-300v
This is not completely true.
It is applicable only for wallmart adapter ,laptop chargers,may be some model power conditioners,ups ,TV ,computer smps which are basically works under SMPS type power supply.
if it is mentioned in the backside of the AV equipment as operating voltage between 100v/110v to 240v/ 250v/300v without voltage selection toggle switch then you are good to go.
It is not applicable for all AV equipment as u mentioned.we should check the spec in the backside of the equipment / manual before connecting the power cable. .
Only few model AV equipments have the toggle switch/ Automatic voltage selection to switch between 100/110/230/240 voltage selection.( Eg - Emotiva).
Incase there is no toggle switch but it is mentioned as 110v operating voltage then we have to go for stepdown transformer ( for using it india )otherwise your AV equipment will be fried by loading the Av equipment primary side of the transformer which is designed for 110v.
Hope you are very much aware about this.

This is not completely true.
It is applicable only for wallmart adapter ,laptop chargers,may be some model power conditioners,ups ,TV ,computer smps which are basically works under SMPS type power supply.
if it is mentioned in the backside of the AV equipment as operating voltage between 100v/110v to 240v/ 250v/300v without voltage selection toggle switch then you are good to go.
It is not applicable for all AV equipment as u mentioned.we should check the spec in the backside of the equipment / manual before connecting the power cable. .
Only few model AV equipments have the toggle switch/ Automatic voltage selection to switch between 100/110/230/240 voltage selection.( Eg - Emotiva).
Incase there is no toggle switch but it is mentioned as 110v operating voltage then we have to go for stepdown transformer ( for using it india )otherwise your AV equipment will be fried by loading the Av equipment primary side of the transformer which is designed for 110v.
Hope you are very much aware about this.
My comment was regarding to 220v devices used in India. What I meant was a 220v device will work without any issues if the mains voltage goes down to as low as 110v. Voltage fluctuations are pretty common in India. Hope this clarifies the things.

What I meant was a 220v device will works without any issues if the mains voltage goes down to as low as 110v
This is fatal to an AV equipment which is designed to work for 220/230/240v.it may not work properly / equipment is likely getting killed.U please read again my previous comments basically It is not designed to work 110v as i mentioned.

This is fatal to an AV equipment which is designed to work for 220/230/240v.it may not work properly / equipment is likely getting killed.U please read again my previous comments basically It is not designed to work 110v as i mentioned.
Well, India specfic units are designed to handle these kind of power condition. If you look at the manuals, most of the device has a operating voltage mentioned in that range. But optimal condition is to run them on a clean 220v supply. So, here the Online UPS comes to picture. It will always provide a clean 220v supply irrespective of Mains voltage. :)

Last edited:
Consider lining the inside of POP ceiling with 2inch sound absorbent material - ecose or rockwool. This cant be done later without getting messy.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back