Finally a Dedicated Media Room

Consider lining the inside of POP ceiling with 2inch sound absorbent material - ecose or rockwool. This cant be done later without getting messy.
Not sure what will it do. Two inch will only help High frequencies but they would reflected by the POP. Unless you use acoustic ceiling tiles and then use sound absorbent materials, it will be a wasted effort.

Not sure what will it do. Two inch will only help High frequencies but they would reflected by the POP. Unless you use acoustic ceiling tiles and then use sound absorbent materials, it will be a wasted effort.
I was talking to one of the acoustic treatment service providers and he mentioned, 2in ecose material lining on POP will help absrbing LF and reduce the resonance.

Should check.. thanks.
Yeah do check. It will be very difficult if you want to clean or if you want to do any other wiring work. I recently built a custom rack which is 3.5 feet wide and it’s very heavy. Thanks to the wheels I am able to move them. Also I assume at the end you will drill some holes at the rear?

Yeah do check. It will be very difficult if you want to clean or if you want to do any other wiring work. I recently built a custom rack which is 3.5 feet wide and it’s very heavy. Thanks to the wheels I am able to move them. Also I assume at the end you will drill some holes at the rear?
Ya, for wires pass through holes will be made.But my mother says it will not be steady with wheels, also for cleaning anyhow we use vacuum cleaners, so we don’t need to move at all I guess, also with 65 inch TV on top, it is difficult to move anyway.

Ya, for wires pass through holes will be made.But my mother says it will not be steady with wheels, also for cleaning anyhow we use vacuum cleaners, so we don’t need to move at all I guess, also with 65 inch TV on top, it is difficult to move anyway.
For me it’s very steady and with equipment’s it will be even more solid. Also I have kept rear completely open except for the cabin where I have placed the vertex. I planned like this since it will be easy for my to clean and most importantly it will be easy to remove or add any gears. Wiring will be very difficult if u add any new gears. So have all these in mind

In progress... View attachment 49422 legs kept temporary just to check

If possible, pls keep a big slot open at the back for rear panel wiring & ventilation. (Pls keep in mind the wires/cables will run from the front if there are no rear openings or cable management holes in the panels). Also ventilation at the sides would help a lot especially where the receiver or amp is kept.
Good quality, rugged 3 to 4 inch wheels will make your life easy for cleaning & wiring. Pls don't use chair wheels as they have a very short lifespan.

If possible, pls keep a big slot open at the back for rear panel wiring & ventilation. (Pls keep in mind the wires/cables will run from the front if there are no rear openings or cable management holes in the panels). Also ventilation at the sides would help a lot especially where the receiver or amp is kept.
Good quality, rugged 3 to 4 inch wheels will make your life easy for cleaning & wiring. Pls don't use chair wheels they have a very short lifespan.
Hey yes, holes will be made only at back, so that wires will pass through the holes and none will visible in front.

For me it’s very steady and with equipment’s it will be even more solid. Also I have kept rear completely open except for the cabin where I have placed the vertex. I planned like this since it will be easy for my to clean and most importantly it will be easy to remove or add any gears. Wiring will be very difficult if u add any new gears. So have all these in mind

Ya holes will be behind.

Ya holes will be behind.
Even with holes it won’t be easy to connect the speaker wires with avr or a power amp. Once the avr and speaker wires are all inside the rack you won’t have space to put your hands inside and connect the wires. Please re-think if the work is not completed.

Even with holes it won’t be easy to connect the speaker wires with avr or a power amp. Once the avr and speaker wires are all inside the rack you won’t have space to put your hands inside and connect the wires. Please re-think if the work is not completed.
First wires will be pulled inside cabinet then will connect to avr.

First wires will be pulled inside cabinet then will connect to avr.
Ok so you will keep the avr out,connect all the wires and then push it in? This approach is fine. But don’t assume you won’t ever need to move the rack. Installing heavy duty wheels is easy and it makes a world of difference. Even with tv you can move the rack easily

Ok so you will keep the avr out,connect all the wires and then push it in? This approach is fine. But don’t assume you won’t ever need to move the rack. Installing heavy duty wheels is easy and it makes a world of difference. Even with tv you can move the rack easily
Ummmm ok.

Yes would recommend you to keep the back open and install wheels as @Love4sound recommended

Personal experience - We had 2 wall mounted units built during house construction, I was very naive and was not really aware of speakers beyonds satellites ( i know the patheticness of this statement :rolleyes:). This has lead to numerous complications
i) Obvious part is speaker stands / floorstanders not possible in Living Room at the moment as it does not look aesthetically good. Adjusting with a setup in the kids bedroom with a huge bed in between(my shooting star wish is i get permission to dismantle that bed and get recliners instead :D )
ii) Each time I need to make any wiring changes due to setup moving around(this might not be often for many , but in my case i have had to do this atleast 5-6 times till date) , need to clean/dust off the interiors you need to pull out the AVR with all the extra length of wires behind and put them back intact without shorting or pulling anything.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back