Finally Bought My ONKYO HTS 3300

guys, me too have a budget of around 20k - 23k for a HT, is the onkyo 3300 the best option. I would be attaching it to my ps3 slim through optical. I hope it has an optical in. What's the best price I can get in Delhi/Gurgaon?

If u got ps3 and onkyo 3300 then u can connect it with hdmi instead of optical,if u connect it with optical u wont be able to get hd audio while playing blurays.hdmi gives all in one solution,i mean hd video and audio in one cable.

If I want 5.1 Sound From the HD Movies which I play from my USB on Samsung LED C5000 (Series 5). what connection I need to give to 3300. any speacial Settings need to be done to get 5.1 in my HT.

Cables NOW:

Optical digital Now LED TV -> Onkyo 3300

1. Check if there is any setting available in the TV's Sound menu to allow for digital out of audio data without processing it. Also validate the source you are playing - if it has 5.1 sound!

You can download couple of 5.1 demo for Dolby Digital and DTS from the following link:
Dolby Trailers - Demo World

2. Make sure you select a listening mode from movie option on the receiver remote.

Digital Co-axial cable DVD player to -> Onkyo 3300

HDMI: Airtel HD HDMI---> Onkyo 3300 ---> LED TV.

Is the connection proper. If yes Still I am not get 5.1 in any of these

For your DVD player again check if the player setup has the sound output set to digital SPDIF out and also validate the DVD you are trying with has DTS or DD 5.1 track.

Not sure of Airtel!

Hey, I'm in Mumbai (w suburbs) and am keen to Get to get one as well ... (onkyo 3300) @sajokj
Pls let me know where ?

Let me know what you think and where your getting your best price. I'll probably be ready to by next week or in 10 - 15 days

Guyz one of my cousin visited my place and messed up my Setup settings :cry:
can u please suggest me the settings ?
my room is 10*11 :D

General settings bass etc

My room dimension is 19 x 11, but it on the longer wall. My setting are below.

left = 5db
center = 3db
right = 5db
SR. Right = 6db
SR. Left = 5db
Subwoofer = 0 to 3db (based on the movie bass content)
Audessy EQ = Off
Audessy Vol = Off
Exbass = Off
All speaker size = small
DSP (cinema mode) - based on the mood :)
Bass = 6db
treble = 6db
Master Volume while watching movie - 25 - 30

This setting is based on what my ear likes. check it out if its works for you.

Last edited:
Hi
I dont think you can use a mike to calibrate, it's all manual
experts pls cfm

Yes it does not has mic, but it has audessy EQ / VOL. You have to mention the speaker distance in the setup and turn ON audessy. It will auto calculate the Room EQ and volume for the respective speakers.

My room size is 14x13, here is the distance from listening position
Speaker Left - 9 ft
Speaker right - 9 ft
Surround left - 3 ft
Surround right- 4 ft

Speaker A Settings

left = 2db
center = 1db
right = 2db
Surround left - 2db
Surround right- 3db
Subwoofer = 5db

Audessy EQ = ON
Volume while watching movie
Direct - 30-35
MOvie-Dolby D, or Theater surround - 16-22

SPeaker B settings

Music optimizer - ON
Bass - 6-8 DB
Treble -8-10 DB

Yes it does not has mic, but it has audessy EQ / VOL. You have to mention the speaker distance in the setup and turn ON audessy. It will auto calculate the Room EQ and volume for the respective speakers.

Hi
Need advise, I have a ext 2Tb HDD, connected to my Onkyo via media player (HDMI), presently I'm connecting thru SAT input should I change over to another input, I already have a DVD & Turntable connected. Presently there is no problem with picture or sound.

Hi
Need advise, I have a ext 2Tb HDD, connected to my Onkyo via media player (HDMI), presently I'm connecting thru SAT input should I change over to another input, I already have a DVD & Turntable connected. Presently there is no problem with picture or sound.
All are Input Selectors are equivalent. There won't be any difference. That's the reason why they have allowed assigning any HDMI IN to any Input Selector.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back