Finally Bought My ONKYO HTS 3300

dolby_dts

Thank You Guyz for giving valuable suggestions :D

bought it on the new year eve :D

My previous HT 3300 has been dispatched to my sis place :p

Last edited:
Hi, i am also planning to buy the same in couple of days, how is the sub woofer performance, during demo, i found bass is not very tight and accurate.
please suggest

When i demo-ed the 3300 recently at an Onkyo dealer I also felt the bass is a bit boomy and not too crisp. However, I have read many posts in the forum which suggest the settings at the Demo room as compared to what one does (after some researching and playing around) in your actual room bring out a lot of difference. 3300, I believe, has many options and controls to tweak the audio playback. may be you could try doing them at your next Demo.

Hi, i am also planning to buy the same in couple of days, how is the sub woofer performance, during demo, i found bass is not very tight and accurate.
please suggest

guys, me too have a budget of around 20k - 23k for a HT, is the onkyo 3300 the best option. I would be attaching it to my ps3 slim through optical. I hope it has an optical in. What's the best price I can get in Delhi/Gurgaon?

guys, me too have a budget of around 20k - 23k for a HT, is the onkyo 3300 the best option. I would be attaching it to my ps3 slim through optical. I hope it has an optical in. What's the best price I can get in Delhi/Gurgaon?

At that price range, that is what I could find most suitable, so audition it and decide for yourself. 22.5 to 23K is a decent price in NCR. Yes it has Optical in.

When i demo-ed the 3300 recently at an Onkyo dealer I also felt the bass is a bit boomy and not too crisp. However, I have read many posts in the forum which suggest the settings at the Demo room as compared to what one does (after some researching and playing around) in your actual room bring out a lot of difference. 3300, I believe, has many options and controls to tweak the audio playback. may be you could try doing them at your next Demo.

Just out of curiosity - would you mind shring the settings that you are using? Although I understand that settings would vary from setup-to-setup (room size etc) and I'm using my own tweaks, but it would help to know about the usual options that work for most of the 3300 owners.
I use the following to get a tight bass -
- all spkrs to small
- no double bass
-crossover to 100
-no Extra bass
-front bass to 0, treble to +4

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Onkyo HTiB club. Although I'm still myself not a member of that club.....but hope to be soon :p

@CrazyCalvin, Am sorry I won't be able to answer this question as I myself don't own the 3300 yet, but I should be buying it very soon.

@pkp.1979

I am from Gurgaon and am hopeful of getting the 3300 for 22.5K (thanks to jsanand). If you're interested, we can go for a group buy. You can PM me your details.

Finally after 1 month research I also brought my Onkyo 3300 today. It will be delivered at my home tomorrow. I need all ur help in setting it up properly, I am a new bie on this playground. Just waiting to watch my HD collection movies on my Samsung LED with New onkyo 3300. Just waiting for the product.

Any idea how to install it on my living room. room size:18x10. (not sure)

Any idea about how much distance to keep from each speakers. Does keeping the woofer near to LED Tv will create any issues to my LED TV.

How much you paid for the system?
Also, the dealer details

Thanks in advance

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back