Finally ...Bought Yamaha YHT-196 ..its SUPERB

Thank so so much.. Bro I really appreciate the efforts u put in to resolve my issue..thanks a ton bro..

I've set the crossover to 100hz.. Still no thump..
I've set my left and right surrounds on my ear level.. Front left and right little upper n subwoofer in the corner...
Wat about the mate ur talking about?

I meant ''Large Carpet'' (12*8 or 12*10 feet size). Coir form or Cloth....

kyahaiyaar - Did you try diagonal placement of sub? This means your sub should not face the front wall but the corner of your room. Also try to move around the sub a little. Search crawling method over internet.

For Echo or boom problem, you can try putting a thick carpet on the floor as suggested by Robin. For window also you should put a thick curtain.

I can understand your disappointment in the normal music files but for movies I think you should try DTS track.

Hi island... Sorry to say..but I have an old 40 inch llyod lcd tv that doesn't support ARC.. But yes I can assure you that yht196 supports ARC ... Mostly all sony tvs support 5.1 dolby surround.. While majority of samsung n Panasonic supports 2.1 audio over ARC... If u have sony tv.. 5.1 over hdmi will work most probably.. Just check in the manual if ur tv has dolby chip

So how do you play movies from USB - Blu ray player or media player?

Hey,

Have been using the YHT-196 for two years now. Was very happy with it.

Two of the four surround speakers have started to give a distorting sound recently.
Are the speakers repairable?
Or should i look at buying new bookshelves?

Regards,

Hey,

Have been using the YHT-196 for two years now. Was very happy with it.

Two of the four surround speakers have started to give a distorting sound recently.
Are the speakers repairable?
Or should i look at buying new bookshelves?

Regards,

First check whether it is problem of speaker or Amplifier...

Back