Finally Disney-Hotstar and Eros Now rolls out 5.1 surround sound

Just a suggestion, why not to add fire stick? I have been using it for three years and super happy. My Tv is not smart so I don't know how smart TV compare with fire stick?

I have connected fire stick to one of the input port of AVR.

That is what i used to do until i got the new smart TV. One of the attractions of the new arrangement was to reduce cable clutter and have to deal with one less device. Overall its working well - apart from the outdated Hotstar app.

think the issue is with Hotstar who are not bothering to update their app
LG isnt a small co,they can surely influence hotstar to roll out the same as its ther on android platforms,i have written mails to LG and spoke to call center,but they just say we have passed ur feedback. These big cos r very slow in making decisions

LG isnt a small co,they can surely influence hotstar to roll out the same as its ther on android platforms,i have written mails to LG and spoke to call center,but they just say we have passed ur feedback. These big cos r very slow in making decisions
LG app get updates much later than their android, fire os and apple counterparts. so I have stopped using the apps on my LG G1 and use shield and fire cube as daily driver and stop worrying about compatibility issues

I also pointed to LG that last 1year there hasn't been any single update for the Hotstar app,but all other apps keep getting some updates. It says sth
Lg software department is not efficient I guess, or they just dont care... Even lately their webos interface is laggy in their top tier tv's

Lg software department is not efficient I guess, or they just dont care... Even lately their webos interface is laggy in their top tier tv's
There has been an update on the Hotstar app on LG WebOS. Interface has been changed and it gave an option to upgrade to 'premium' offering 4k and 5.1. After i paid up and upgraded, i found that while the 4k is available, sound is still not 5.1! :-(

There has been an update on the Hotstar app on LG WebOS. Interface has been changed and it gave an option to upgrade to 'premium' offering 4k and 5.1. After i paid up and upgraded, i found that while the 4k is available, sound is still not 5.1! :-(
5.1 is only available in selected content, but to be honest most of the new movies are in 5.1 ...but for TV content you will only get stereo

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back