Finally Disney-Hotstar and Eros Now rolls out 5.1 surround sound

few titles on hotstar is fine
but overall it sucks

i tried watching Moana on hotstar and it was horrible
then downloaded Moana through "other sources" 1080p 7.1 audio and it was fantastic
so basically hotstar compresses a lotttt

Edit: changed hotstar to Moana, didn't download hotstar through other sources but got the movie through other sources

Last edited:
Moana has really nice songs and soundtracks , sounds crap on Hotstar thought. Felt the same for Coco as well

How to cancel hotstar membership, i have six months membership remaining but like to cancel it, as per their faq there should be cancel membership link in the account page when logged in through desktop, but i am not seeing any such option..

How to cancel hotstar membership, i have six months membership remaining but like to cancel it, as per their faq there should be cancel membership link in the account page when logged in through desktop, but i am not seeing any such option..
You can just log out of either one or all devices.

That cancels membership?
Open the app. Click on the 3 horizontal lines on top left. Then at the top you will see your name and mobile number.
At the top will be your name, mobile number and profile pic if added. Below this is 2nd option about your type of membership.

And next is "Cancel the subscription" option as seen in the pic below.

Attachments

• 20201113_135337.jpg
    20201113_135337.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 16
Unless u paid a recurring payment via credit card which will be renewed annually .
Delete the cards in my account if it is a credit card or else just logout from all devices will be fine :)
Yeah i paid using credit card some two years ago, now its getting charged every year without any warning and also no option to delete the card from my account.
Open the app. Click on the 3 horizontal lines on top left. Then at the top you will see your name and mobile number.
At the top will be your name, mobile number and profile pic if added. Below this is 2nd option about your type of membership.

And next is "Cancel the subscription" option as seen in the pic below.
This option is not there in my account even when logged in through browser thats why i asked here.

Looks like they know that their quality is pathetic, so made exit option difficult on purpose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201113-203941.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-203941.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 9
My personal take is that folks at Hotstar were never bothered about the audio quality. They are more bothered about visual content. Missed a game? Missed a daily soap? Miased something on Star Network? Catch up during office commute. Or maybe or movie or two.
The targeted population use headphones in a crowded public transport and 5.1 or Atmos is never a priority for them. And as long as the vast majority of subscribers is happy, the folks at Hotstar will continue to have the luxury of ignoring the issue of audio quality. Honestly I don't see them changing much in the future. We can keep on discussing but only a few titles will be available in good sound quality in recent future.

Does Amazon Prime offer 5.1 from app from Windows 10 Laptop? Netflix does and no issues there...including Atmos.

Any idea on Prime ? Some setting or app version to be downloaded? I use my laptop hooked to my LED TV which is not smart TV

I have Hotstar VIP. I want to know do the premium plan allow 4K with Dolby Vision, thinking of upgrading just for Dolby Vision.

No. Amazon on it's site says Video Up to HD & Audio is Stereo.

Yes this is what I know and hence considering to purchase the Firestick (2021) version which supposedly can be hooked to AVR and will decode audio as 5.1 7.1 and even Atmos. This will also free the laptop being hooked to the AVR for Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney Hotstar / Zee 5 etc

On fire stick prime is now 7.1 i.e. DD+. Guys do you think next update would be Atmos as a default option? Right now it is available only on 4K that too on very few tittles.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back