Finally found the right subwoofer for killer price.

The specs and the frequency curve chart are real funny. Either it is a glaring mistake or pure ignorance. From the chart it looks almost like a full range driver with a f/s close to 100 hz. The specs are even more funny...30hz to 20khz.
It is better if someone points this out on their Facebook page so that they can post the correct specs.

Query here .. Will I hear the LFE effects thru a Hi / Low level inputs ? Or will i be missing something ? Price point seems too tempting .. but wanted to know about blue ray / HD input being passed from the amp / source to the sub.

I use a stereo marantz amplifier,and I use low level input from DAC and output to amp,I watched Interstellar and Fury Road bluray and so far I have not noticed anything missing in audio from the time I watched in movie theater.I have written a review
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/60426-thonet-vander-sw10-subwoofer-review.html
If you are in a budget you are limited to polk,pioneer,astonia.Astonia looks tempting on paper but saw some negative comments on forums about build.I would choose this over Polk and pioneer for sure.

Hi,
I have been alo looking out for a sub to enhance my 2 channel listening. I was very impressed by the Dali E 12 F, but it retails for about 47K. Checked out the Thonet SW10 - it is selling at 23,449/- on amazon.in and about 21 on Ebay.

Since it has a sloted rear port, i do not know if it would be ok near the wall. I have limited space and cannot keep it free standing or afford any big space far away from the walls.

For this price I can even install 2 of them from my amps Pre-out 1 and Pre-out 2, but @ krishtrinity please let me know if they will be OK near the wall. My walls are wood paneled.

I have my floor standers about 3 meters apart and a center rack for the equipment. I can place 1 or 2 of them next to each floor stander.

I use a stereo marantz amplifier,and I use low level input from DAC and output to amp,I watched Interstellar and Fury Road bluray and so far I have not noticed anything missing in audio from the time I watched in movie theater.I have written a review
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/60426-thonet-vander-sw10-subwoofer-review.html
If you are in a budget you are limited to polk,pioneer,astonia.Astonia looks tempting on paper but saw some negative comments on forums about build.I would choose this over Polk and pioneer for sure.

what are the plus points of this sub over polk and pioneer btw ? Price seems too good :eek:hyeah: just want to clear everything b4 taking the dive

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back