Finally succumbed and bought a CD Transport: Pro-Ject RS2 T

essrand

Congrats Essrand. Are you also getting the power supply for it from LTA?

Have read several good reviews of this transport when looking up cd players. Should be worth it.

Should be a very good buy at least from the reports. Lots of guys praising it.

After a foray in vinyl, I realised the tactile part of playing music and listening to an album at a time has a joy of its own.

This transport has been getting rave reviews all over Audiogon(https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/a-phenomenal-new-cd-transport-pro-ject-cd-box-rs2-transport), so I decided to purchase it instead of the Jay's Mk3 transport that was the flavour sometime back.

Delivery will be mid-Jan, so it's a long wait.......but I am thrilled.
Congratulations @essrand. Look forward to hearing it when it arrives!

After a foray in vinyl, I realised the tactile part of playing music and listening to an album at a time has a joy of its own.

This transport has been getting rave reviews all over Audiogon(https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/a-phenomenal-new-cd-transport-pro-ject-cd-box-rs2-transport), so I decided to purchase it instead of the Jay's Mk3 transport that was the flavour sometime back.

Congratulations..

Nice
When i got my cd transport i felt i wasted my money but as the days passed realised it was a worthy investment

Fantastic, if you do have a lot of cds you will never regret it !

2 things which play a very important role in the transport is the power supply and the isolation. The LTA PS should be great ..I have one for my LTA pre and its dead quiet.

Please do consider the isolation as well..makes a very big difference. Although the easiest is a half filled bicycle tube. I use solidtech feet of silence with mine.

2 things which play a very important role in the transport is the power supply and the isolation. The LTA PS should be great ..I have one for my LTA pre and its dead quiet.

Please do consider the isolation as well..makes a very big difference. Although the easiest is a half filled bicycle tube. I use solidtech feet of silence with mine.

Arjun, would isolation be recommended both below and above if we are stacking anything on top of it ? Also any particular reason you feel it will be more helpful for a CDT vs lets say a DAC (of course subjectively) ?

Arjun, would isolation be recommended both below and above if we are stacking anything on top of it ? Also any particular reason you feel it will be more helpful for a CDT vs lets say a DAC (of course subjectively) ?
Isolation is absolutely critical for the transport more than a dac. The reason is the mechanism is about reading a reflected laser and the smallest of vibrations can cause a error, and although CDs have built in error correction and also dont store music as bits there is some resilience built in, but it still responds very well to isolation . In the end it is a mechanical device with extremely sensitive reading mechanism despite the error correction.

Some CDTs read it into a RAM and then output the PCM signal to further reduce these errors while others like Esoteric have such a solid transport and case construction that they greatly reduce the errors.

A simple experiment which can also be tried with most entry level CDPs and DVDps is to place a dictionary in top of it and you will usually see a background noise reduction

Last edited:
Congratulations @essrand. Look forward to hearing it when it arrives!
Yes! Maybe we could do a Jay vs RS2 shootout :)

Hi, which DAC are you using with this..
Nagra Tube DAC

I have a very long post on my DIY efforts of making an isolation platform coming up soon :)

In the affordable range isoacoustics works well. But a Stillpoint blows everything esle to dust. Heard to be believed .
Jaw-dropping?
I wish there was a way to audition this. I have never found isolation devices to give more than subtle changes (easy to miss).

An update:
Turns out Pro-Ject CDT is facing supply chain issues and delivery is postpone indefinitely, so I ended up buying a CEC belt drive CDT. Hoping to receive it next week or so, fingers crossed.

Jaw-dropping?
I wish there was a way to audition this. I have never found isolation devices to give more than subtle changes (easy to miss).

An update:
Turns out Pro-Ject CDT is facing supply chain issues and delivery is postpone indefinitely, so I ended up buying a CEC belt drive CDT. Hoping to receive it next week or so, fingers crossed.
The CEC is a fantastic transport..was always rated as one of the SOTA transports. Am sure you will not be disappointed !

Jaw-dropping?

An update:
Yes jaw dropping …
Pls do let us know cec feedback . Im contrmplating one as well . Did u get the tl5 or tl2-n

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back