First Home Theater

PurdueStutz514

Hello all,

This is my first time posting here at hifivision.com, but I have viewed threads in the past for information. I'm a newbie so if I accidentally break one of the rules let me know. I am in the planning stage of setting up my very first home theater. For the purpose of this thread, forget about any cabling issues or components that do not have anything to do with audio. I have looked around on the internet, and I have found one receiver I like, but is very expensive (the Denon AVR-3313CI). But that is just after looking briefly. So what I really need your help with is the audio components: speakers, the AVR, and any amplifiers (only if necessary.) Also, I would like to purchase these components in three or four waves in order to not completely destroy the bank.

I have a couple of things I want to accomplish:
Main Zone with 7.1 channel surround sound (A solid center channel, good AVR, solid left/right tower speakers, and some sort of surround speaker that can be placed a variety of places)
Zone 2 with small TV (Using different source than main zone, in front of treadmill, no speakers other than the ones in the TV)
Zone 3 in the Workroom, Stereo Audio (No TV)

I do have three pairs of speakers that could be used:
RBH TK-6 These seem not to be horrible speakers from a Google search, so I would like to use these as the surround speakers (not the rear surrounds.)
Wharfedale Diamond III These are very old, but if they could be used as temporary bookshelf speakers in my main zone while I wait to buy tower speakers, all the better.
Presidian PBS-5053 These will be put in the third zone.

Also, ignore the second and third zones, just know that I need an AVR that can support all three zones. These would almost never be used at the same time, but I dont want to have to buy separate AVRs.

Preferred AVR: Denon AVR-3313CI
Budget: $2000 (but if I can slip any cost savings in there that would be great)
Other than that the floodgates are open for speakers you have used, brand loyalties, etc.

Would you recommend a home theater package like Klipsch sells as a speaker set?

Thanks in advance,
PurdueStutz

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back