Fixed Frame Screen Query

Hi GVR,

In your original thread, you have mentioned it as "Asian Paints Satin Enamel in "Pure Ivory" shade". So, can you please let me know if it is emulsion or Satin Enamel? Also, do you remember the shade number?

I'm opting for a wall painted screen, similar to yours (not the laminate option, though)..

Thanks in advance!
make sure you hire a good experienced painter, not some andu-pandu type..
and he should be willing to do some hard work (removing irregularities by wet sanding and adding fillings..).. enamel wont cost much, so get 3-4 coats done..

and plz do not add fastener.. do not fall for the high gain by glossing.. as i did..
now even after wet sanding the surface for some time, i am not able to remove the gloss..and the hotspot still persists

make sure you hire a good experienced painter, not some andu-pandu type..
and he should be willing to do some hard work (removing irregularities by wet sanding and adding fillings..).. enamel wont cost much, so get 3-4 coats done..

and plz do not add fastener.. do not fall for the high gain by glossing.. as i did..
now even after wet sanding the surface for some time, i am not able to remove the gloss..and the hotspot still persists

Thanks for these warnings:) They certainly help. BTW, which paint did you use?

Thanks for these warnings:) They certainly help. BTW, which paint did you use?

have a look at post#26/27 of the same thread..
I used DUCO spray paints, as they give a smoother finish to the screen..
Also couldn't find the shade in the Dulux Asian, which was recommended in many forums..

One more tip.. ensure that the base frame is a very good quality..
For eg I had putty done over Gypsum board, which is not very good..
purchase a good quality wood board which would not show any sort of irregularities when you apply 3-4 coats of paint on it..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back