FLAC or 320 KBPS(MP3)-Online Store

Hi Fm's

Hence thinking to start collecting the FLAC or 329Kbps format for more TAMIL .

Hi Audio_freek, have you been able to source ACD's and / or Flac for Tamil music ? I am specifically looking for Raja's / Rahman's hits - and finding it tough to buy ACD's - cant find many !

Nokia allowed download of music when you bought its phones at 256kbps, not much different from 320, have personally checked on many albums. After Microsoft takeover, then changed that to mobile only, which is very difficult to work on, it was much easier on computer.
Was able to get several albums that were not available at any cost anywhere else.

Good option to try if you have Nokia or Sony phones, which are giving albums for free for a limited time when you buy a phone.

If 256 kbps is not much different from 320 kbps then iTunes may be the way to go as their music is at 256 kbps.
I have found iTunes sound quality to be excellent. Have downloaded several albums. Most albums are between Rs 70 and Rs 150, a steal really. Individual songs are usually Rs 12 or Rs 15.
Their inventory is also huge. They do seem to have music in several Indian languages.

From HELP Section:-

What countries can I shop at Technics TRACKS from?

Technics TRACKS is available in the UK, Germany and Canada. If you are located outside of any of these countries then you will be unable to purchase from the Technics TRACKS site.

Is there any website offering CD quality audio, not Hi-Res ( HDtracks) for Indian and English songs.

I have CD's which I have converted to FLAC, and use to play from my computer currently, and at times use CD itself to play.

I do not want to buy CD's anymore, even though I keep buying, as I am not able to find good quality online music.

HD tracks is expensive than normal CD's and I do not need Hi-res audio.

Thanks

All India Radio, if it ever decides to release CDs from the collection available with it, would be a great source of music of yesteryears. The vinyl collections and reel-tapes available with AIR are in a far better condition than those available with recording studios even. Even though music companies do release "collections" once in a while, the quality of these releases is often appalling.

Unfortunately, in India, for assorted music of one's choice which is more than a decade old, one has to depend upon torrent sites only. I may be flamed for saying so, but torrent sites are doing a social service by making the gems from the past available. Had there been a legal option to pay and legally download music, at least some of us who wish to pay for music would have opted for that choice. But now, everyone is forced to download from torrent sites only.

As to the difference in quality between 320 kbps / VBR set to highest quality / FLAC, I can say that having experimented alot with them, I did not find any audible difference between the three. So download as per the availability. First option should be FLAC. If it not available, then 320 kbps MP3. VBR where the average bitrate is above 200 should be third choice.

Is there any website offering CD quality audio, not Hi-Res ( HDtracks) for Indian and English songs.

I have CD's which I have converted to FLAC, and use to play from my computer currently, and at times use CD itself to play.

I do not want to buy CD's anymore, even though I keep buying, as I am not able to find good quality online music.

HD tracks is expensive than normal CD's and I do not need Hi-res audio.

Thanks

You are better off with audio CDs. Trust me. In the future you might not even get them and releases may be limited to only streaming. If and when that happens you'll be glad you have your own CD collection ripped and ready to go or fall back on. The music industry will like nothing better than to have us all pay a monthly subscription for music, a SaaS model.

I've been on a recent binge with audio CDs and have added more than 200 on my last few trips. To tell you the truth it is getting harder to score them in stores unless you really know where to look and/or are willing to go for used ones.

The other option for out of print CDs are ordering CDRs from Amazon.com (basically an on demand CD service from Amazon). This is a hit and a miss... some of them sound really good, others sound like bad MP3s.

+100,

I have subscribed to Wynk+ @ INR 29 per month (as i am on airtel)
and Apple music @ INR 120 per month.

Personally i prefer Apple music's quality over Wynk's.

Yeah..but did you check the settings for Wynk? You can set download settings to 320kbps and streaming to "Auto".
I use both Wynk and Apple music. Yeah no doubt Apple music quality is good but UI and collection is not as good as Wynk.
on the other hand Wynk can't be used abroad to other wifi. It's avaialble in India only.:sad:

@music4mhell - For the DAC/equipment you are having, listening to compressed music is "screaming bloody murder".

WAV or at the very least FLAC rips...

@music4mhell - For the DAC/equipment you are having, listening to compressed music is "screaming bloody murder".

WAV or at the very least FLAC rips...

Nope wrong, i defer, Mojo handles pretty well lossy MP3 and youtube videos also.
Yes there is difference, but you will still enjoy normal MP3 and online videos :)

Now a days i don't listen to music at home at all, it's youtube/Netflix or TV.
I listen to music only at office with Mojo + HD650 ot with highend earbuds from China :)

Yeah..but did you check the settings for Wynk? You can set download settings to 320kbps and streaming to "Auto".
I use both Wynk and Apple music. Yeah no doubt Apple music quality is good but UI and collection is not as good as Wynk.
on the other hand Wynk can't be used abroad to other wifi. It's avaialble in India only.:sad:

True, the interface of Wynk is best, and yes i have set both download and streaming quality to 320 Kbps fixed :)

But to be frank, i feel Apple music is a bit neutral to me.
Once you download all ur fav songs in wynk, u don't need wifi anymore.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back